Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

As much as I’d love Frazier, you can’t give AV up at this point. He’s surpassed expectations in the OF (where he won’t play for long). Dudes gunna mash for years to come and should be the apparent replacement for Abreu who could be nearing the end. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

As much as I’d love Frazier, you can’t give AV up at this point. He’s surpassed expectations in the OF (where he won’t play for long). Dudes gunna mash for years to come and should be the apparent replacement for Abreu who could be nearing the end. 

Not sure of that. Sox management needs to decide if Eloy returns to left and Vaughn to IB or Vaughn stays in LF and Eloy becomes a IB/DH

30 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I think you are severely overvaluing Frazier or undervaluing Crochet.

I never said that's what I would give up for him. I think Fraizer is over-performing this year when you include his whole career, but the guy is arguably one of the hotter trade chips this year. The Pirates would be stupid to not begin all conversations with top guys. For the Sox to get him, they are totally going to have to overpay. I'm perfectly fine with getting Escobar.

• Like 2

Frazier is an okay ball player but Sox just don’t need to pay this kind of price. Thanks but no thanks. And if you are going to dangle Vaughn and/or Crochet…go get a star. Shoot - those two could have landed you Arenado no problem. I don’t need to go crazy to increase odds of winning a series by a few percentages  this year but while bringing down future odds.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This isn’t really what Heyman said fwiw. Filiponi isn’t correct. Sox aren’t trading Vaughn. 

Thanks for clarifying. It seemed absolutely ludicrous that Heyman would even float that hypothetical.

34 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Escobar and full salary relief for Ruiz and Lenyn Sosa: who says no?

Lenyn Sosa looking pretty good this year. I'm officially the guy who doesn't want to trade any minor league pieces. 

Just trade for Gallo. He's a beast . He walks more than Grandal. He hits more HR's than anyone on the team and he's also plays a pretty good Rf and has a gun for an arm. No idea who TX would want but I'd try to see if they'd take, Engel , Mercedes, Mendick and any prospect they want including Burger.

Escobar has 19 HR's , Gallo has 23. Just do it.

Our top guy has 15 HR and couldn't get a hit yesterday when everybody was pounding Pineda and Grandal who, has 14 HR ,is out for a while. Get those 2 and you can play whoever at catcher.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just trade for Gallo. He's a beast . He walks more than Grandal. He hits more HR's than anyone on the team and he's also plays a pretty good Rf and has a gun for an arm. No idea who TX would want but I'd try to see if they'd take, Engel , Mercedes, Mendick and any prospect they want including Burger.

Escobar has 19 HR's , Gallo has 23. Just do it.

Our top guy has 15 HR and couldn't get a hit yesterday when everybody was pounding Pineda and Grandal who, has 14 HR ,is out for a while. Get those 2 and you can play whoever at catcher.

SS - Anderson
DH - Eloy
1B - Abreu
RF - Gallo
CF - Robert
3B - Moncada
2B - Escobar
LF - Vaughn
C - Me

Sounds good. Let's go.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Welcome to Soxtalk Grandal!

Yea - Imagine that lineup if he came back by playoff time:

SS - Anderson
C - Grandal
DH - Eloy

1B - Abreu
RF - Gallo
CF - Robert
3B - Moncada
2B - Escobar
LF - Vaughn

That's disgusting.

24 minutes ago, hi8is said:

SS - Anderson
DH - Eloy
1B - Abreu
RF - Gallo
CF - Robert
3B - Moncada
2B - Escobar
LF - Vaughn
C - Me

Sounds good. Let's go.

Gotta get Moncada with the left handed bat in there before all the big boppers if he's going to continue getting on base 40% of the time with little power. Also, I am just going to assume you are Seby Zavala in real life from now on.

• Haha 1

With the news that Eloy will be starting a rehab assignment this weekend, just get Escobar, if healthy, and wait it out until the trade deadline. They may need to keep their "powder dry" for an unforeseen injury to a pitcher.

• Like 1