Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

In what universe would it take Andrew Vaughn to get Paul Fry

I meant that the Sox do not have the trade capital to make a major deal....like the Dodgers just did getting Scherzer and Trea Turner.

Instead the Wsox are dumpster diving.

8 minutes ago, tray said:

You know...Andrew Vaughn and that isn't going to happen so dumpster diving is the last and maybe the only option.

So Andrew Vaughn has big trade value, and the Sox aren't willing to give him up because he is too good to lose?

Makes sense to me. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So Andrew Vaughn has big trade value, and the Sox aren't willing to give him up because he is too good to lose?

Makes sense to me. 

Frankly. I do not care what makes sense to you.

The Sox are not going to trade Vaughn, period.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Deadline Buyers Rankings:

1. LAD: Trea Turner, Max Scherzer, Danny Duffy
  2. NYY: Joey Gallo, Anthony Rizzo, Clay Holmes
  3. OAK: Starling Marte, Andrew Chafin
  4. SDP: Adam Frazier, Daniel Hudson
  5. TBR: Nelson Cruz
  6. BOS: Kyle Schwarber
  7. CHW: Cesar Hernandez, Ryan Tepera
  8. HOU: Kendall Graveman, Yimi Garcia
  9. MIL: Eduardo Escobar
  10. CIN: Mychel Givens, Luis Cessa
  11. TOR: Brad Hand
  12. SEA: Tyler Anderson, Diego Castillo, (Kendall Graveman)
  13. NYM: Rich Hill

Will be interesting to see how these change by tomorrow.

I think you are forgetting some trades. Blue Jays got Adam Cimber and Corey Dickerson. Plus you are leaving out the earlier trades were the Brewers got Adames and Trevor Richards then traded Richards to the Blue Jays for Rowdy Tellez . The Rays got J.P. Freyereisen and Drew Rasmussen back from the Brewers.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think you are forgetting some trades. Blue Jays got Adam Cimber and Corey Dickerson. Plus you are leaving out the earlier trades were the Brewers got Adames and Trevor Richards then traded Richards to the Blue Jays for Rowdy Tellez . The Rays got J.P. Freyereisen and Drew Rasmussen back from the Brewers.

This list was intended to be trade deadline moves only.  The Adames trade happened back in May and the Cimber / Dickerson happened in June.  Even the Rowdy trade was over three weeks ago.  I definitely could be missing something, but the above moves wouldn’t really apply.

20 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This list was intended to be trade deadline moves only.  The Adames trade happened back in May and the Cimber / Dickerson happened in June.  Even the Rowdy trade was over three weeks ago.  I definitely could be missing something, but the above moves wouldn’t really apply.

I think any trades  ahead of the deadline trades should be counted because the Blue Jays have actually got 3 relief pitchers and Adames drastically changed the Brewers. We 1st hand got a taste of Tellez and Freyereisen kicked our asses too. Just because some teams had the guts to improve their teams a bit earlier doesn't mean they weren't trying to improve their clubs .

If you are talking about contenders improving themselves through trades then all trades during the season should count because the deadline is just a date to give teams a time after which there will be no more trades.

If the Sox had got Escobar a month ago that only means there is 1 less trade to make at the deadline but it still counts as much as a deadline trade does.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, daggins said:

Man, the Rockies really aren't going to trade Story or Gray, huh?

considering Story's season to date, I think it's unlikely they were offered much and yeah, the pick is probably better.

(but what if story takes the QO)

1 hour ago, bmags said:

considering Story's season to date, I think it's unlikely they were offered much and yeah, the pick is probably better.

(but what if story takes the QO)

He won’t. I can’t imagine any player (especially someone of his caliber) wanting to actively be in that organization. They are as dysfunctional as they come.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If we take on Heyward money, there should be zero return for the Cubs.

Where would Heyward play?

You know JR would force him into the starting lineup in RF for the rest of his deal…seems more unlikely he would ever take on a terrible deal with over $10+ million commitment.  

Alex Rios days long gone.

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Where would Heyward play?

You know JR would force him into the starting lineup in RF for the rest of his deal…seems more unlikely he would ever take on a terrible deal with over $10+ million commitment.  

Alex Rios days long gone.

Goodwin’s role.

Heyward made sense earlier this year when the whole outfield was dead. While there’s a role available he could fill, that’s a lot of money to take on with both of those guys. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So the Cubs traded Rizzo who they claim they wanted go resign but may not trade bryant who they have zero intention on resigning. Amazing stuffn

I know you aren't very smart at all, but that's not what's going on.

Bryant gets traded today. Ban bet?

• Haha 3