GT 7/9: SOX @ BAL, 6:05

18 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Why do any of you track the indians like it matters? They suck and have no chance. The Sox are superior. Focus on good baseball, not shitty cleveland pretending.

Cleveland is in second place. Until the lead grows to 11 games, I'll be following them. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Cleveland is in second place. Until the lead grows to 11 games, I'll be following them. 

All good. i can't believe I have to fight people thinking we need to worry about the indians. it's not just the eye test. their stats suck too. if they were in any other division they would have been buried last week. Without Bieber and Civale they are bottom feeders. Sorry I am getting worked up over this, but the alcohol is flowing and sox are up 9-1 while jason and posters are lamenting over the royals not beating them. 

5 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

give me 1 legit reason why cleveland has a chance. just 1. And if it's because the Sox have a lot of injuries...that has been proven to not be a reason this season. 

If Cleveland somehow ends up winning some games after the ASB and the Sox hang around .500 for July, they still have a shot given just how tough the Sox' schedule is in mid August. We go through a similar tough stretch that they have after the ASB in July. Sure we might have Eloy and Robert back by then, but they aren't certain to contribute and produce right away. 

I still think the Sox will win the division, there's a reason we have the highest playoff probability in baseball right now. But I'd rather not sweat it out in August and September when you can put a team like Cleveland away for good in July. 

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

All good. i can't believe I have to fight people thinking we need to worry about the indians. it's not just the eye test. their stats suck too. if they were in any other division they would have been buried last week. Without Bieber and Civale they are bottom feeders. Sorry I am getting worked up over this, but the alcohol is flowing and sox are up 9-1 while jason and posters are lamenting over the royals not beating them. 

Don’t overthink it, it’s natural for us insecure Sox fans to follow whatever team is in second behind us. 

keep the alcohol flowing!

• Like 1

Just now, Marqhead said:

Seems pretty dumb to pitch Kopech in any low leverage situation. 

I'm guessing this was a pre determined appearance. 

This is also the best he has looked since he came off the IL. He's out there throwing 99 with late movement.