GT 7/11: SOX @BAL, 12:05

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m greatly concreted with how many innings he’ll be able to go next year.  Seems like he’s moving more into a true one inning reliever role, although hopefully that’s just temporary.

he just came back from injury.. you are smoking some crazy crack if you think the sox want to convert him into a 1 inning pitcher.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

His delivery reminds me of Nate Jones' mechanics. I've never liked that long arm motion. It's too hard to control the pitch, and it shows the ball to the hitter. No deception.

But is much easier in the arm and easier to generate velocity. Plusses and minuses to each one

Just now, reiks12 said:

he just came back from injury.. you are smoking some crazy crack if you think the sox want to convert him into a 1 inning pitcher.

I don’t mean long-term, but the way utilize him the rest of the way will impact how many innings he can give us next year.  At some point we need him to start having multi-inning appearances if not legit starts.  He’s only at 35.1 innings on the year.  Hopefully you’re right and they’re just bringing him back slowly from injury and plan to unleash him a bit more in the 2nd half.

42 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

AV is good at baseball. Please, PLEASE don't make some terrible trade of AV to someone else, Sox front office!

I would nearly guarantee that nobody in the Sox FO has given any honest consideration to trading AV.  That’s the stuff of Soxtalk, not reality.

• Like 1

For those interested, Eloy is 0 for 1 with a walk in his second start in Winston-Salem. He reached base on a fielding error. On a side note, I'm not comfortable with him starting in Left Field today. He should be the DH throughout his entire rehab stint. Knowing Eloy, he could re-injure himself making a diving or sliding catch  on a sinking line drive.

Just now, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

For those interested, Eloy is 0 for 1 with a walk in his second start in Winston-Salem. He reached base on a fielding error. On a side note, I'm not comfortable with him starting in Left Field today. He should be the DH throughout his entire rehab stint. Knowing Eloy, he could re-injure himself making a diving or sliding catch  on a sinking line drive.

I've been watching a little bit, he's definitely been playing super conservatively in the field

speaking of eloy, he's on deck

• Like 2

Just now, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

With Vaughn playing fine LF defense, they shouldn’t even consider playing Eloy in the field. His bat is way more important than seeing him out there defensively.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

With Vaughn playing fine LF defense, they shouldn’t even consider playing Eloy in the field. His bat is way more important than seeing him out there defensively.

^^^^^

I think the metrics have Vaughn slightly below average but that's no different than Eloy. Eloy has much better range than Vaughn does though. 

I think if Eloy had the ability to quit hurting himself and teammates playing the field I'd rather have him out there, but idk if that will ever be the case. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I'm sure they had that discussion and it will depend on the li experience construction on a given day.

I agree he will be spending more time at DH.