G/T 6/15 White Sox (29-31) v Tigers (24-37) 12:30 Chgo time - Gonna be a hot one

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Don’t draft Leury or Engel high for your softball team

lmao I was just thinking that. These guys might take a few games to adjust to slow pitch softball pitching. 

Just a question from one who doesn't know, but what is the convention when a team puts up a position player to pitch, are you supposed to take it seriously and get a hit and try to get runs or go easy on them, just curious because there was 3 innings of it today which is the first time I have seen so many innings of position pitching players in one game

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I notice Leury did a great job playing proper etiquette baseball.  Strike out and DP against position player pitchers??

Why do you think Tony loves him so much? Leury follows all the unwritten rules. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

Just a question from one who doesn't know, but what is the convention when a team puts up a position player to pitch, are you supposed to take it seriously and get a hit and try to get runs or go easy on them, just curious because there was 3 innings of it today which is the first time I have seen so many innings of position pitching players in one game

I think the players have fun with it, but still try.  THe numbers still count and certainly are not asterisked at seasons end, so most of them swing away.   

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Why do position players always just lob it?  Very rarely do you see one go up there and actually to try to pitch. 

Blind guess, to mess with timing.  These guys are geared up for 97, and they get 47.  Shape of pitches is also something they never see.

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think the players have fun with it, but still try.  THe numbers still count and certainly are not asterisked at seasons end, so most of them swing away.   

Thanks, that is what I thought.

54 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Your leadoff hitter only is guaranteed to hit leadoff once in a game.

Hitting TA 1st gives our best hitter the chance for the most ABs in the game.

I think I should have been more explicitly sarcastic (mocking TLR)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Blind guess, to mess with timing.  These guys are geared up for 97, and they get 47.  Shape of pitches is also something they never see.

Probably, but I really so no excuse what so ever for a professional baseball player to strike out against 50 MPH lobs.

And to be fair, I understand that Garcia whiffed on the 80 MPH quick pitch Castro threw but still, it shouldn't have gone to 0-2

Edited by T R U
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

The hitters are welcome to swing away. 

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Fortunately Leury didn’t start the game with hi s .210 OBP and rally killer capabilities.

Tiggers might've made it a game with Leury in there from the beginning.