Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Well we know what they should be doing but.....

I don't think he is capable of DHing mentally, at least while he still has years on his contract. I'd hope he continues to hit the final two months if they can't trade him today and sell high before it's too late.

Defensive Positions 

I Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+
  as LF 221   910 851 113 240 40 2 54 156 0 0 50 228 .282 .323 .524 .847 446 22 4 0 5 0 10 .324 108
  as DH 36   152 138 14 25 4 0 6 17 0 0 12 45 .181 .257 .341 .597 47 1 2 0 0 0 2 .218 51
  as PH 1   1 1   0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 .000 .000 .000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 -100
  • Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Well then if Eloy is in LF, AV should be DHing.  Another guy that should be prioritized over 35 year old JD Martinez on an expiring contract.  JDM makes zero sense, which means Hahn and Co are probably all over it.  

Vaughn is in RF.  JDM also gives protection if Pollock plays CF because Robert is dead.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

IF Robert is dead they shouldn't be trading trading for any short term fixes because they're fucked anyway. 

Of course...again I didn’t say I think it’s a good idea, just something I think they could do given his Tony connection.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well then if Eloy is in LF, AV should be DHing.  Another guy that should be prioritized over 35 year old JD Martinez on an expiring contract.  JDM makes zero sense, which means Hahn and Co are probably all over it.  

Idk I'm kinda looking at it like it could be Eloy LF, Vaughn DH, Sheets RF or it could be Eloy LF, Vaughn RF, JDM DH. It doesn't matter much if none of the guys mentioned are even RF to begin with. Of course logic says just trade for an actual RF but you know, logic. And I don't even know who else they could still trade for at this point.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If you actually listen to what he's saying, it really does sound like he has a source. 

He has the same posting style as all the other foodies.  What’s amazing to me is how these insiders know all these huge trade ideas but don’t get McGuire for Diekman correct.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Idk I'm kinda looking at it like it could be Eloy LF, Vaughn DH, Sheets RF or it could be Eloy LF, Vaughn RF, JDM DH. It doesn't matter much if none of the guys mentioned are even RF to begin with. Of course logic says just trade for an actual RF but you know, logic. And I don't even know who else they could still trade for at this point.

Ben Gamel, lol.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

If you actually listen to what he's saying, it really does sound like he has a source. 

If you listen to people who have been abducted by UFOs it really sounds like they know what they are talking about too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He has the same posting style as all the other foodies.  What’s amazing to me is how these insiders know all these huge trade ideas but don’t get McGuire for Diekman correct.  

If these guys do actually have a source, the source probably can't divulge that info. 

Anyway, I DMed the guy and he confirmed that Orlando is in fact Al's Beef/Bartolo

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

IF Robert is dead they shouldn't be trading trading for any short term fixes because they're fucked anyway. 

Agreed. Trading fir a single bat will do no good if the current group doesn't start hitting or stays mostly dead.

The Rodon contract has that poison pill in it.. which is he can already opt out for 2023 if he wants. But if he gets hurt at some point between now and the end of the season, he can opt-in and get all $22 million for 2023 and the team is stuck with an injured Rodon and a $22 million invoice.