2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit was actually a really fun/entertaining little film.

Really liked The Wolf of Wall Street, but I'm left with the same feeling I had after American Hustle. That it was perhaps 20-30 minutes too long, and I would have preferred watching Margot Robbie another 20+ minutes over Jonah Hill or another drug abuse scene. If you watch The Great Gatsby together with this one, he's almost playing the same exact character, just from a different era.

Or Matthew McConaughey "mentoring" him more in the beginning, that would have a better addition, as well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 05:16 PM)
Speaking of Jonah Hill and the Wolf of Wall Street, not only did Jonah demand that he have to audition for a part in the movie, but he accepted "the lowest possible pay" he could for the movie. He made something like $60K for this movie!

http://www.avclub.com/article/jonah-hill-w...oney-pos-107191

Hill said if he is making great movies, he is fine just being able to pay rent and have a family.

I read some things that referenced the fact that Scorsese is Hill's all time favorite Director. He said that Goodfellas is his all time favorite film and he'd basically do anything for Marty.

So this weekend AMC was playing the Godfather movies a bunch of times. I ended up watching about an hour of the 1st and 2nd movies as I was doing some things around the house. This morning I found this:

http://www.scoutingny.com/the-godfather-th...s-then-and-now/

Pretty cool then and now of the 1st Godfather shooting locations.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 10:14 AM)
It might be Michael Bay (bad), it might have Megan Fox as April O'Neil (worse), but it does have Will Arnett (bonus) and these wicked character designs.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.jpg

I'm in.

William Fichter as Shredder is an interesting choice, but I like that guy. Even in his short opening scene of the Dark Knight, he killed it

turtles.bmp

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 11:14 AM)
It might be Michael Bay (bad), it might have Megan Fox as April O'Neil (worse), but it does have Will Arnett (bonus) and these wicked character designs.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.jpg

I'm in.

Michael Bay would actually be an upgrade at director in this case as Jonathan Liebesman has basically only directed horrendous movies. There is no way that movie isn't really bad.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 10:22 AM)
Michael Bay would actually be an upgrade at director in this case as Jonathan Liebesman has basically only directed horrendous movies. There is no way that movie isn't really bad.

It's gonna be awful. Michael Bay is terrible. Shredder is a white guy for crying out loud.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 06:09 PM)
Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Alfred cast in upcoming Superman/Batman movie.

Some assistant must have read the "Cast Heisenberg" email wrong.

But really, seems like an odd choice. He's a good actor though so I bet it works out

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
Some assistant must have read the "Cast Heisenberg" email wrong.

But really, seems like an odd choice. He's a good actor though so I bet it works out

If it wasn't Snyder directing maybe. That movie seems like it is going to be an absolute clusterf*** with how many characters they are introducing and Snyder isn't talented enough to pull that off.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
If it wasn't Snyder directing maybe. That movie seems like it is going to be an absolute clusterf*** with how many characters they are introducing and Snyder isn't talented enough to pull that off.

Took the words out of my mouth. I wasn't a fan of MOS anyway but this one is starting to resemble DareDevil.