Sox Acquire All-Star 3B Todd Frazier from Reds in 3 team deal

Princess Dye

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three guys are easily replaceable with major flaws. A defensive shortstop is key.

Reds seemed to get hosed in this deal.

Cespades does not cost a pick. Personally Cargo would be the guy. Send Garcia to AAA to try and build value.

If Laroche can produce, bonus, if not, release him move cabrerra to DH and Avi to left after playing there in spring and at AAA.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)
Im gonna disagree with that, September hot bats have stuck the Sox with some s***ty players the following season. Josh Fields and Jerry Owens i am looking at you

Forgot Brent Morel.

I do not think Trayce will be a star, but I do think he'll hit his weight, and coupled with his glove, that's enough for a decent MLB career.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:52 AM)
We held on to our guys that have the highest odds to be starters (IMO) and we have a bunch of picks in the draft that should be upper level talents.

I still think the Sox are bringing in ONE more OF

Agreed. Fulmer, Anderson, and Adams are still here.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:52 AM)
Todd Frazier feels like every other guy we get. Low average, low on base skills, destined to come here and fall apart.

Hopefully he winds up different.

At the very worst if he does fall apart he's still a plus defender which we couldn't say about the others.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
If Melky gets his s*** together that is swoon-worthy.

Melky seemed to be getting it together as the season progressed. One of the best memories this season is that big July winning streak where we'd put up 7-10 runs per game and Melky went 18-35.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)
Todd Frazier feels like every other guy we get. Low average, low on base skills, destined to come here and fall apart.

Hopefully he winds up different.

I thought about this as well, mostly applies to Lawrie too. The plus in both cases is that they are defensive contributors as well and can be expected to produce surplus value even if their hitting falls a few notches below expectations.

Not mad at all I'm stoked. Sucks to give up Montas. Trayce who knows what he'll be. Doesn't have a great track record. Micah can't stay healthy and has shaky defense. Hope Todd does well and is our 3B for years to come. If anyone b****es about this traded, then you'll b**** and moan no matter what.