White Sox Winner!!! SWEEP!!!!

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 04:18 PM)
When do playoff tickets go on sale?

I don't know, but I won't be buying any. I will be at home rooting against the cubz. I am betting that they won't get lucky two years in a row.

Edited by miracleon35th

Renteria is really a breath of fresh air:

"They've been the epitome of a solid bullpen," said Renteria, who knocked on a wooden table twice when talking about the unit, which has combined for a 1.96 ERA, second in the majors. "In the end, once you go ahead and put the club ahead, which those guys did, there's no need to push the envelope with (Quintana) any further. We could get it with the other guys."

Good to see he's thinking about the long haul. I never liked seeing Q and Sale over 100 or so pitches early in the year.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 06:34 PM)
Renteria is really a breath of fresh air:

Good to see he's thinking about the long haul. I never liked seeing Q and Sale over 100 or so pitches early in the year.

By their 4th start the TOR guys should be going over 100. If you keep all of the pitchers that low, the bullpen will be useless by the all-start break.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 06:40 PM)
By their 4th start the TOR guys should be going over 100. If you keep all of the pitchers that low, the bullpen will be useless by the all-start break.

For sure, but didn't he notoriously push Sale past 120 last year in April?

edit: was 120 exactly, on May 7th.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 06:50 PM)
For sure, but didn't he notoriously push Sale past 120 last year in April?

edit: was 120 exactly, on May 7th.

What start was that, 5 or 6? I don't think that is too aggressive.

Heck, I think Gonzalez was over 100 in his second start this year.

It will be interesting to see how sale does this year. He has been over 100 in every start.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 10:45 PM)
paging greg...

I'm glad we swept those cocky assholes. I know it's early but KC always got well on the White Sox the last couple seasons. No matter how bad KC was playing they'd kick our ass. I realize last year the Sox were 23-10 so there's no way to compare. I don't remember how well the Sox were playing at 23-10. I know how bad they were the rest of the year though.

I still expect this team to finish with over 100 losses but so far the team looks A-OK in terms of caring. That home run today by Avi was a huge home run. A tie game against a world championship team and he crushes a two-run bomb to win the game and assure the sweep. I'm sure I'll eat my words and be blasting Renteria after we lose our 100th game but so far the Sox at least look like a big league team, not the clown squad of the past four seasons.

AVI baby!

Right now, it's looking more like an 87-93 loss team.

All depends on what's left after the trade deadline/waiver wire deadline, too.

Then again, guys like Moncada, Burdi and Lopez could really make a positive impact as well in the second half of the season. We'll just have to wait and see on Giolito. Not to mention Delmonico, Willy Garcia, Hayes, Tilson, etc. Obviously, the majority of them will not excel right off the bat, but they should be entertaining to watch at least.