White Sox focused on Rebuild

GGajewski18

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sockin @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 05:53 PM)
Not sure about that. Seems teams want to get stuff settled before the new CBA.

If the White Sox don't trade Sale, they have until Castro/Wieters and Fowler/Desmond are signed to make moves to avoid having next season be completely wasted. Once those guys are off the market, the two positions the White Sox would need to upgrade to have a prayer of a .500 record become wastelands. That's the reason to push. If you're ok taking "Best offer" for Sale even if its disappointing, then it's ok to wait.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 12:14 PM)
As a Dodgers fan, this sort of trade seems to go against their new organizational philosophy set forth by the new ownership group. Build a strong farm system to feed the Major League team, make trades to fill holes on the ML roster and not "Blockbuster" trades that gut the farm system (so to speak) ...such as this would seem.

#shrug

As a fan of both teams, if this trade goes down, I can have my cake and eat it too :)

I'm in a very similar situation. I think the dodgers try and acquire someone like frazier and pick up the pick for turner and jansen and likely sign Chapman or another arm via trade.

QUOTE (beautox @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 04:21 PM)
I'm in a very similar situation. I think the dodgers try and acquire someone like frazier and pick up the pick for turner and jansen and likely sign Chapman or another arm via trade.

I never really considered this angle. They might be ok dealing for both Sale and Frazier knowing they will have 3 picks in the first 35 picks (assuming they don't give up any. Then they sign Chapman (like you suggested) or Melancon (heck, maybe even trade for Robertson!).

Hypothetical question: what would a blockbuster of Sale, Frazier, and Robertson look like with the Dodgers knowing they are getting 3 early draft picks in the next draft and can get a draft pick for Frazier the following year?

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 3m3 minutes ago

White Sox currently focused on a rebuild, but it's unclear whether they'll find offers acceptable to them for Chris Sale, Jose Abreu, etc.

It really scares me that they might wait it out and not get what they are expecting and all the interesting FAs are gone

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 10s11 seconds ago

The Washington #Nats among the latest teams to inquire on #Whitesox ace Chris Sale, but no serious talks with anyone yet

This tells me that the Sox have had extensive talks with teams and are now using Nightengale to report the Nationals interest. Sox always use Bob as leverage. I don't think Nationals are a realistic trade partner because they won't give up Turner and don't have enough without him. This is a negotiating ploy.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 06:08 PM)
This tells me that the Sox have had extensive talks with teams and are now using Nightengale to report the Nationals interest. Sox always use Bob as leverage. I don't think Nationals are a realistic trade partner because they won't give up Turner and don't have enough without him. This is a negotiating ploy.

Yep we would need Turner...I'll have to look at his defensive stats later...but from a quick glance though they werent good.

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 07:15 PM)
Yep we would need Turner...I'll have to look at his defensive stats later...but from a quick glance though they werent good.

Was Turner the guy that the Nationals drafted with the pick they got from Adam Dunn signing with the White Sox?

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 8m8 minutes ago

Rumor on the hot stove is the #Dodgers and #WhiteSox are discussing Sale & Frazier in a package deal to LA for a big prospect return

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 7m7 minutes ago

Heard it from two separate sources today from two separate organizations - not sure how advanced talks are at this time

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 4m4 minutes ago

I wouldn't have tweeted this had the second source not preemptively reached out to me. Also please stop asking if Seager would be involved

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)
He followed up by saying he heard this fro 2 separate sources who are not connected. So maybe this has some legs. I would interested to know if they BOTH just told him at the same time, or if he heard it from one source, and then asked another source to confirm before tweeting it.

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 7m7 minutes ago

Heard it from two separate sources today from two separate organizations - not sure how advanced talks are at this time

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 4m4 minutes ago

I wouldn't have tweeted this had the second source not preemptively reached out to me. Also please stop asking if Seager would be involved