The Farewell Jose Quintana thread

southsider2k5

My favorite active player. I will always remember fondly trying to come up with witty medieval style words to put alongside pictures of Quetzalcoatl when my turn to create the game thread came along.

Best of luck, mighty serpent. You are better than the Cubs deserve, but you make the organization easier to root for.

It is really hard to describe Q. He doesn't have amazing stuff but he just has something that makes him a great pitcher. We got him for practically nothing and sold high on him IMO. Going to miss watching him pitch but maybe in two years we will bring him back to help bring a championship to the South Side.

This is harder for me than Sale because Quintana, IMO, is a much more likable person. He just went about his business, every 5 days, stayed quiet, did his job well.

Imagine all the bad luck- constant bad defense behind him, no run support, etc. that he dealt with. The fact that he never once complained about any of that and always remained positive and professional is remarkable.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:35 PM)
After he dominates the Sox in about 2 weeks i'll be over this shock,until then gonna suck real bad.

He will throw 7 innings of three hit ball with no runs. He will leave up 2-0, and Sox will score 3 in the 8th and 9th to leave him a ND.

Deserves to pitch in playoffs.

I'm sad, but reality was for me as soon as it was clear he needed to be traded it was hard to enjoy his performances. Was too aware of how important every start was to sit back and watch.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)
Quintana was the perfect replacement for Mark Buehrle. Now we need another "soft" tossing lefty to rise from the ashes and make us forget about Q.

Best wishes buddy, go win a World Series.

Guerrero.

Also, this would make a Q return even sweeter.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:21 PM)
Quintana was the perfect replacement for Mark Buehrle. Now we need another "soft" tossing lefty to rise from the ashes and make us forget about Q.

Best wishes buddy, go win a World Series.

Yeahhhh Kopech is going to come up fireballing and blowing people away. I think we'll be fine with that.