BamaDoc

4 minutes ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

In 133 games in the Sox system here is what Eloy Jimenez has done:

.340/.391/.615, 1.006 OPS

552 PAs, 509 ABs

173 Hs, 41 2Bs, 3 3Bs, 31 HRs. 313 TBs. 

85 R, 97 RBI

43 BB, 93 K, 7.79 BB%, 16.85 K%. 

Not to mention the majority of his home games were played in a major pitcher's park in Birmingham. Only now is that starting to be offset with his playing in Charlotte

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

College players always rise near the end, then teams regret not drafting the high school guys.  Think everyone who passed on Jo Adell regrets it now?  Kelenic, Gorman, and Turang all off to good starts.  I do not trust late risers.  I was on Gorman and Kelenic for Sox, but oh well.

Do Austin Beck now

Somehow Eloy and Kopech have the most boxes to check of all prospects in baseball or any Sox prospects in history including Moncada, Giolito, etc.

I am in the camp that the extra year of control does not have a huge impact at the end. It’s rather more beneficial now to let then go through the growing pains now and hope they will be in better position to be successful next season. Also as important is if they come up and show that they are the real deal, it will be sell this rebuild to the top tier free agents here in the offseason.

15 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

He strikes me as a guy who's gonna come up and immediately be a stud defensively. He has the range of Adam Engel, but an actual decent arm to go with it. 

Is he going to be an Adam Eaton where he gets injured doing things like this?

5 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Why'd they pull him after 2? Makes no sense to me, unless he was hurt or battling his control. 

Seems pretty obvious to me. It's called baby steps. Can't expect the guy after major control problems just to go out and throw a gem. Let him take his time make progress every week even if it doen't show up in the box score. Tonight was a good beginning.

5 hours ago, SoxAce said:

1.117 OPS in AAA, and seems like that's rising. Just insane. Any other prospect would've been long promoted but I understand what the Sox are doing. But he has nothing left to prove down there.

I hope he can keeping wearing 16 as his uniform number in the majors. I always wore it because my old favorite Sox OF Ken Berry wore it.

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I hope he can keeping wearing 16 as his uniform number in the majors. I always wore it because my old favorite Sox OF Ken Berry wore it.

16 is retired for Ted Lyons.

Eloy will wear 74 if the Sox let him, which is probably going to happen.

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

9 hours ago, Timmy U said:

His twitter is @lamantha21.  Maybe he wants 21?

3 hours ago, flavum said:

16 is retired for Ted Lyons.

Eloy will wear 74 if the Sox let him, which is probably going to happen.

He is 100% wearing 74, and they will let him. 

11 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The big g question about Jimenez is will posters on this board give the sox organization credit for finally developing a hitter or will the credit go to the Cubs. Thus way posters can still complain that the Sox can't develop position players.

• Like 1