The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

43 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The worst part is that no other manager has had the cult following that Tony has.  You literally can't have a game strategy discussion without it turning into YOU JUST HATE TONY!!!  Every single manager in sports gets their strategy analyzed.  But when it comes to Tony,  there is a following that just can't handle it.

It's really quite simple. Given the injuries to Eloy and Robert, the Sox thus far have played above my expectations. The players, and coaching staff...including LaRussa....deserve credit for that. 

But two things can be true at once, as we all know. Someone like @Green Line is the perfect example. Here is his most recent "defense" of LaRussa. 

32 minutes ago, Green Line said:

There are 108 games left in the regular season.  Even if the Sox go on a .620 winning clip, that is over 40 losses still to come.  I guess we'll have this group TLR venting session at least 40 more times.  This one is coming off a 5 game win streak, no less.

No actual defense of the moves LaRussa made, but instead talking about the winning record he has thus far with the Sox in 2021. HOWEVER....when I brought up the record Ricky had in 2020 (which is better than the 2021 White Sox at this point) he wanted no part of that discussion:

What are you going to do when we're past game 60 and this gimmick doesn't apply anymore?

When things are going poorly everybody blames the manager and when things go well nobody ever thinks to give the manager credit.  Thats just the way professional sports work.  Like I said nobody knows what is going on inside the clubhouse so we have no idea what Tony is bringing to the table.  We only have decades of experience pointing to his success to fall back on.

It's just a bit for them at this point. Guys like Green Line and @tray really don't serve any purpose other than to play the fool, try and rile people up with low hanging fruit. I enjoy embarrassing them from time to time but it's hard to muster up the energy when they are getting lazier and lazier with their efforts in defending LaRussa.  Just doesn't seem worth it anymore. Sad, really. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 4

17 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

But lets keep on playing for that elusive single...

The homers must be coming at the right times then, because they are 2nd from the bottom in the AL in homeruns, and 22nd in all of baseball, with a top-2 AL record and a top-3 MLB record.

Edited by ScooterMcGee

9 minutes ago, Quin said:

At this point, you're legitimately trolling.

No. just responding to hundreds of posts, including the false narrative that Mercedes did not get a take sign on 3-0.

(The frame shows 2-0  because it was not updated after the 2-0 pitch

Then there was LoungeGate also filled with false information and angry critics.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tony said:

It's really quite simple. Given the injuries to Eloy and Robert, the Sox thus far have played above my expectations. The players, and coaching staff...including LaRussa....deserve credit for that. 

But two things can be true at once, as we all know. Someone like @Green Line is the perfect example. Here is his most recent "defense" of LaRussa.  

No actual defense of the moves LaRussa made, but instead talking about the winning record he has thus far with the Sox in 2021. HOWEVER....when I brought up the record Ricky had in 2020 (which is better than the 2021 White Sox at this point) he wanted no part of that discussion:

It's just a bit for them at this point. Guys like Green Line and @tray really don't serve any purpose other than to play the fool, try and rile people up with low hanging fruit. I enjoy embarrassing them from time to time but it's hard to muster up the energy when they are getting lazier and lazier with their efforts in defending LaRussa.  Just doesn't seem worth it anymore. Sad, really.  

You're completely delusional.  Its sad.

1 minute ago, tray said:

No. just responding to hundreds of posts, including the false narrative that Mercedes did not get a take sign on 3-0.

You're showing us a lousy MS paint job as proof, keeping an argument alive that many others have moved on from, because you want attention.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

You're completely delusional.  Its sad.

This is what I mean. Valid, recent points brought up about how you have been totally hypocritical in your stance....and you come back with a 5 word response that doesn't answer any of those questions. In fact, strengthening my point that you're just a lazy troll. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

This is what I mean. Valid, recent points brought up about how you have been totally hypocritical in your stance....and you come back with a 5 word response that doesn't answer any of those questions. In fact, strengthening my point that you're just a lazy troll. 

You've yet to make a point worth responding to.  You spend the majority of your posts on here whining about "TLR stans".  There are other people in here providing valid complaints about TLR - not you though.

Edited by Green Line

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

2-0 and photoshopped. Is that all you have?

DA:

This was  clipped after the Count was 3-0.   Watch the video.

He actually looked for a sign before pitcher threw at 1-0, 2-0 and 3-0. Any question about that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdaDRW2NT5w

"Take Take Take" was inserted by me, because that could not be heard on the  video link, but there is no question that

was what happened.  I probably could have  inserted what Mercedes likely thought..."yea. eff you, thanks for busting me for showing up late for a game this week, you know what,  I'm swinging, this is my game"

Sorry you have fallen into this camp of LaRussa haters Dick.  I say the same thing to some relatives about their politics.

Love 'em, but sometimes I just don't get where they are coming from.  Know what I mean?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tray said:

DA:

He actually looked for a sign before pitcher threw at 1-0, 2-0 and 3-0. Any question about that?

"Take Take Take" was inserted by me, because that could not be heard on the  video link, but there is no question that

was what happened.  I probably could have  inserted what Mercedes likely thought..."yea. eff you, thanks for busting me for showing up late for a game this week, you know what,  I'm swinging, this is my game"

Sorry you have fallen into this camp of LaRussa haters Dick.  I say the same thing to some relatives about their politics.

Love 'em, but sometimes I just don't get where they are coming from.  Know what I mean?

This guy would have believed wholeheartedly in prima nocta in medieval times 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

You've yet to make a point worth responding to.  You spend the majority of your posts on here whining about "TLR stans".  There are other people in here providing valid complaints about TLR - not you though.

You can complain about EVERY decision in every loss.  If this decision was made, perhaps there may have been a different outcome. So what?

At this point, the LaRussa trolls have become predictable and  their 20/20 hindsight is more than lame. This is a winning team with a winning Manager.

Go ahead, complain the rest of the season.  JR doesn't care and neither do most Sox fans....especially if we keep winning and are in or around first when the big boys come back in August.   I guess some people have made this a cause and almost a hobby, but it only amounts to useless time wasted making oneself miserable. Carry on.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, tray said:

You can complain about EVERY decision in every loss.  If this decision was made, perhaps there may have been a different outcome. So what?

At this point, the LaRussa trolls have become predictable and  their 20/20 hindsight is more than lame. This is a winning team with a winning Manager.

Go ahead, complain the rest of the season.  JR doesn't care and neither do most Sox fans....especially if we keep winning and are in or around first when the big boys come back in August.   I guess some people have made this a cause and almost a hobby, but it only amounts to useless time wasted making oneself miserable. Carry on.

Please, carry on yourself.  Move on, whatever. Stop embarrassing yourself for gods sake 

• Like 2

20/20 hindsight?  Everyone was ripping Tony last night for pitch hitting with Leury and allowing Hamilton to bat with the tying run at the plate as it was happening.  People are ripping the process and not the results, so none of this is about hind-sight.  Meanwhile, @tray still cares more about getting revenge for the flashy Latin player with the gold chains making his hero look bad rather than winning actual baseball games.  Imagine placing a manager’s reputation above all else that you’re totally incapable of witnessing all the shitty decisions they’re making.  I hope you have a good back brace tray, because you’re going to need one with all that water carrying.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tray said:

DA:

First off, no one said he didn't get a take sign. But to say he got it and totally blew it off is a big leap. I would venture to guess he missed it. It does happen to lots of players, even players you like. As far as LaRussa yelling take, I am not buying it. And that is a major league park, there is no way to know if Yermin could have heard him. But whatever. He hit a HR. He should be applauded, not criticized.

And even if your version was 100% accurate, the way your boy Tony handled it, throwing his own player under the bus publicly, and then having no problem with him being thrown at, is beyond ridiculous. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

First off, no one said he didn't get a take sign. But to say he got it and totally blew it off is a big leap. I would venture to guess he missed it. It does happen to lots of players, even players you like. As far as LaRussa yelling take, I am not buying it. And that is a major league park, there is no way to know if Yermin could have heard him. But whatever. He hit a HR. He should be applauded, not criticized.

And even if your version was 100% accurate, the way your boy Tony handled it, throwing his own player under the bus publicly, and then having no problem with him being thrown at, is beyond ridiculous. 

I don't know, if you re-watch the tape Mercedes looks down to third and didn't receive a sign. LaRussa said he was out of the dugout and yelling for him to take. That's not on camera and seems like he was blatantly lying to the media. Pretty weird situation. Glad the Sox got hot to get behind it all even if the board is still going on. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tray said:

For the 672nd time, even Tony LaRussa said he MISSED, not ignored, the sign.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tray said:

But you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY care, which is why you feel the obsessive need to respond to every single one of them. 

Take your own advice and quit wasting your time.  Honestly, it will make these discussions go away MUCH quicker if someone isn't trolling them with disproven claims and 3rd grade MS paint jobs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

20/20 hindsight?  Everyone was ripping Tony last night for pitch hitting with Leury and allowing Hamilton to bat with the tying run at the plate as it was happening.  People are ripping the process and not the results, so none of this is about hind-sight.  Meanwhile, @tray still cares more about getting revenge for the flashy Latin player with the gold chains making his hero look bad rather than winning actual baseball games.  Imagine placing a manager’s reputation above all else that you’re totally incapable of witnessing all the shitty decisions they’re making.  I hope you have a good back brace tray, because you’re going to need one with all that water carrying.

The criticism is happening in real time in game, and often beforehand because we see it coming.  Has been all season.  Hindsight is only brought up by those that aren't watching it unfold or can't see it with their blinders on.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

The criticism is happening in real time in game, and often beforehand because we see it coming.  Has been all season.  Hindsight is only brought up by those that aren't watching it unfold or can't see it with their blinders on.

TBH most of the true "hindsight" is the TLR Defense Fund coming in after the fact to somehow excuse his actions.  If you are following a game thread these decisions are questioned in real time, and then discussed more in depth after the fact.

I really think someone needs to show Tony splits, and also show him Leury Garcia is not, and never has been, a decent LH hitter. They would have most likely lost the second game even if Tony acted like he knew what was going on, but give the team a chance. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

TBH most of the true "hindsight" is the TLR Defense Fund coming in after the fact to somehow excuse his actions.  If you are following a game thread these decisions are questioned in real time, and then discussed more in depth after the fact.

Exactly who I was referring to.  

• Fire 1

30 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I don't know, if you re-watch the tape Mercedes looks down to third and didn't receive a sign. LaRussa said he was out of the dugout and yelling for him to take. That's not on camera and seems like he was blatantly lying to the media. Pretty weird situation. Glad the Sox got hot to get behind it all even if the board is still going on. 

By no means I'm a TLR supporter, but in this video, he does appear to be out of the dugout. However, no one can tell for sure if he did ask Mercedes to take the pitch.

He looked upset at the end...

6 minutes ago, Focurjay said:

By no means I'm a TLR supporter, but in this video, he does appear to be out of the dugout. However, no one can tell for sure if he did ask Mercedes to take the pitch.

He looked upset at the end...

Instead of "take, take, take" I can very clearly hear "SWING" in the video.

How far does the rabbit hole go???

• Haha 1

At this point the "TLR hire will derail the season" types have had to walk that back to "well it's suboptimal".  I'm not sure any serious person ever accepted the first premise but there are certainly data points for the latter.  I do wish we could move on from Yermingate.