5/12: Minnesota @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

17 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I just can't pretend to care about Leury Garcia not starting in centerfield.

I generally agree but if he’s going to play 70% of the time, at least include the matchups that actually make sense

28 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I just can't pretend to care about Leury Garcia not starting in centerfield.

I understand getting Hamilton one of the three games in the series in CF, but Leury is better vs LHP than RHP, so he should have been starting one of the other two games and not this one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

so I didn't watch the chicago broadcast last night,what's up with Moncada? running seems painful, swinging a bat seems painful.  what gives?

In keeping with his doppelganger Cano he's contractually obligated to be the super athletic guy that is moving like he did a hard leg day and then pulled his back shooting hoops.

10 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

so I didn't watch the chicago broadcast last night,what's up with Moncada? running seems painful, swinging a bat seems painful.  what gives?

I feel like that's just Yoan Moncada about 40% of the time.

• Like 2

Having caught up on watching the condensed games, didn't realize Benintendi misplayed Vaughn's catchable ball which would have ended the top half of Saturday's first inning at 3-0. Also, the Tim Anderson swing at the Minor non pitch on Sunday was hilarious.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

Morosi just mentioned Winker as a possible outfield add for the Sox. That would be.. awesome.

Although he ended the segment talkin about Peralta which is less intriguing 

He's got 2 years of control left too. He'd probably cost a lot to get though, given how well he's hit the past 2 years. Cincinnati could very well still be a contender by the trade deadline as well. The Sox will get 2 guys back after the trade deadline, we need help offensively right now. 

1) Can we keep this win streak going against a LHP??? This seems like an awesome match up for us to dominate.

I'll be kind of disappointed if we lose this one!

2) Jesse Winker as a trade candidate? Hell yeah. But I highly doubt that. Reds won't sell too early 

16 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

1) Can we keep this win streak going against a LHP??? This seems like an awesome match up for us to dominate.

I'll be kind of disappointed if we lose this one!

2) Jesse Winker as a trade candidate? Hell yeah. But I highly doubt that. Reds won't sell too early 

Sox are #1 in the league in wRC+ against LHP and it's really not all that close. Happ looks like he should be in for some regression (his xERA is 4.3 and his Baseball Savant page has a lot of blue). 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He's got 2 years of control left too. He'd probably cost a lot to get though, given how well he's hit the past 2 years. Cincinnati could very well still be a contender by the trade deadline as well. The Sox will get 2 guys back after the trade deadline, we need help offensively right now. 

20 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Agreed, probably shouldn't have even posted it, just got excited when I heard the name 

So many people are upset about TLR not playing to Leury's "strengths" vs LHP. Come on, guys. It's only been 33 games! It's not reasonable at all to expect a HOF manager to understand that a 9 year veteran on his own team has massive career platoon splits. How many managers in baseball are aware of that type of thing? Probably zero.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I still think Starling Marte would be the perfect rental.  Can play both CF & RF and actually has reverse splits and is stronger against RHP.  And I can’t imagine the cost would be overly crazy if the Marlins decide to throw in the towel at some point.

42 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

Morosi just mentioned Winker as a possible outfield add for the Sox. That would be.. awesome.

Although he ended the segment talkin about Peralta which is less intriguing 

Peralta?  What, no mention of Melky Cabrera? 😎

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I still think Starling Marte would be the perfect rental.  Can play both CF & RF and actually has reverse splits and is stronger against RHP.  And I can’t imagine the cost would be overly crazy if the Marlins decide to throw in the towel at some point.

I like that.  Give them Stiever.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They also have Corey Dickerson who would help vs RHP and provide some depth at RF/DH. I think those 2 guys are two of the most logical trade targets for the Sox. Good call.

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic