Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled

2Deep

And this also means Leury once again going to be getting "everyday starter" time and overexposing his role. We're also one bad move from any infielder away from having to call up someone like Jake Burger or something.

Living on the razor's edge from a depth perspective.

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The good news is with a year of injuries on our team the division blows and is injured all around. We will be okay. The bullpen just needs to get their shit together. 

It really feels like we are seeing the results when these guys didn't have access to top level conditioning for a long period of time.  We can look at the Sox, but the number of these injuries around baseball right now is insane.  It almost has to be COVID related somehow, most likely due to not having major league training going on during the lockdowns and winter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I can't believe every single time it has been worst case scenario. Have these dudes ever stretched? Madrigals hamstring is like 4 inches long, how does it tear?

He was balling out and playing faster than he ever has last night, you could see it defensively.  He tried to run perhaps as hard as he ever has on that play and it just went.  Shit happens.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

So if they go the rest and rehab route, is it even possible to return in Aug/Sep?  Would assume so, otherwise they'd just do the surgery.  

did they not say 6 weeks if he didn't need surgery? or I'm just being wishful

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

So if they go the rest and rehab route, is it even possible to return in Aug/Sep?  Would assume so, otherwise they'd just do the surgery.  

Well he is out 2 months at the very least.  He is supposed to be indisposed at least 6 weeks, to start with.  I think August is probably off of the menu for sure.  Would be shocked to see him again this year.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He was balling out and playing faster than he ever has last night, you could see it defensively.  He tried to run perhaps as hard as he ever has on that play and it just went.  Shit happens.

Seriously, this happened just as Nick was hitting his stride. He was hitting for some power and his defense was looking much better. 

Jason and Steve spent his entire AB praising him before his hamstring snapped. 

• Love 1

Man.....this is disheartening.

At some point we have to make a move for a player. Adam Frazier makes so much sense but I'm sure pirates want a lot for him. 

3 starters out of 9 gone for extended part of the season.

Fuck the baseball gods........

This team deserves better

• Like 1

If I'm Hahn, I'm not trading for any rentals. Any acquisition would have to have 3+ years of control. A smart FO would spend the next 4 weeks negotiating with Lynn/Rodon and if they can't reach an agreement with either, then move them. Let the chips fall where they may. This season is cursed and not meant to be. 

The Sox have no depth whatsoever and it's being exposed. Rentals would be for if they were mostly healthy. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 6

Just now, mqr said:

did they not say 6 weeks if he didn't need surgery? or I'm just being wishful

he's done, he's in the same boat robert was where it's probably surgery and at best it's 12 weeks.  He won't be back doing any sort of baseball activity until late September at best.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If I'm Hahn, I'm not trading for any rentals. A smart FO would spend the next 4 weeks negotiating with Lynn/Rodon and if they can't reach an agreement with either, then move them. Let the chips fall where they may. This season is cursed and not meant to be. 

The Sox have no depth whatsoever and it's being exposed. Rentals would be for if they were mostly healthy. 

No reason to sell if they expect Eloy and Robert to return. We just have to tread water until next month where hopefully teams will be selling

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

If I'm Hahn, I'm not trading for any rentals. A smart FO would spend the next 4 weeks negotiating with Lynn/Rodon and if they can't reach an agreement with either, then move them. Let the chips fall where they may. This season is cursed and not meant to be. 

Oh this post isn't going to go well for you.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If I'm Hahn, I'm not trading for any rentals. Any acquisition would have to have 3+ years of control. A smart FO would spend the next 4 weeks negotiating with Lynn/Rodon and if they can't reach an agreement with either, then move them. Let the chips fall where they may. This season is cursed and not meant to be. 

They've been without 2 of there very best players the whole season and are a top team in the MLB. 

It looks like Eloy and Robert will return this year. A 1 year rental won't be terribly expensive. Say they add Sterling Marte and Eloy + Robert return. That team is a force. 

Edited by ron883