08/17 Game Thread: Oakland Athletics at Sox 7:10 NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

good lord, Grandal was carrying the whole team after madrigal went down.

I just want to know how Grandal going out put Yoan Moncada into such a state of mourning that he can't hit anymore, or that Hendriks couldn't find the strike zone.

Just now, Greg Hibbard said:

Robert should be starting every game in CF, RHP or LHP. His defense and speed make up for any split differential. Also he’s hot right now. I don’t get this notion that everyone needs to sit once a week. Especially very young players 

He's coming back from a major injury. 

Relax. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Greg Hibbard said:

Robert should be starting every game in CF, RHP or LHP. His defense and speed make up for any split differential. Also he’s hot right now. I don’t get this notion that everyone needs to sit once a week. Especially very young players 

literally almost everybody from TLR to the training staff would say otherwise.  I get it, it sucks we have put out a shitty lineup but with an 11 game lead who cares.  Sox probably aren't going to get the 97 wins it will take to pass Tampa so just stay healthy and hope you can get 93-94 and get homefield against everybody but the rays in the AL.

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

They aren't going to run him out there every day after a pretty major injury.

3 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Not Jose or Leury.

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

Has anyone ever sat in the Scout Seats? If so how was the experience?  I was thinking about pulling the trigger soon. (I see tickets in the $250-$300 range on stubhub) 

I haven't gotten those but I've sat 2nd or 3rd row a few times behind the Sox dugout here in Seattle and it's always a great time.

15 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

While I do normally agree, since he is coming off of an injury and we're what, 11 games up, I'm ok with it.

I do find it funny when the mid-20s year olds sit one game of a doubleheader (only 14 innings these days) while the older players will play both haha

Not sure i agree with sitting down Robert tonight. TLR loves to play L/R percentage But Robert’s bat against a righty is a better choice in my opinion than Lamb or Goodwin. Robert needs at bats to find his stroke plus his defense is worth the risk of righty righty. Look at Vaughn how he’s adjusted to righty’s and Eloy is playing every day