Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

A few years ago, he made sense to be wanted. But he's just gotten worse in that time.

The weird thing is that his statcast numbers still look good, about the same as when he was a good hitter in LA. It's not like he's 34 either, he's only 29 (about to be 30). I'm not sure why he's been so much worse the last 2 seasons. His defense also isn't very good since I think he put on some weight in 2020. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Really young teams rarely win right away.  They ran into a hot pitcher and the Astros are a bad match for the Sox pitching staff (power staff against the best fast ball hitting team in the leauge).  Still to draw wild conclusions on 4 games?    To say they are worse is just being dark.  

They were also 2-5 against Houston in the regular season. 

You can believe what you want to believe. I don't think the Sox were very competitive in the 2021 MLB Playoffs. Some of us believe their window to contend is limited based on financial realities set from ownership. Because of that, there is a sense of urgency from some to quote "go for the jugular" these next two seasons.

Thus far, these moves haven't inspired a confidence that the Sox are truly interested in pushing themselves over the top. Time will tell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Real talk, but what teams could be in on Conforto?  Like how big could his market be?  It feels like the Winkler trade and Suzuki signing with Padres (if it happens) would help our chances immensely.

Philly and Colorado seem like the main teams that pop up on socials. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Real talk, but what teams could be in on Conforto?  Like how big could his market be?  It feels like the Winkler trade and Suzuki signing with Padres (if it happens) would help our chances immensely.

There's quite a bit

PHI comes to mind

Guardians

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Jeeze that would be a helluva lineup. Who did they get in the IF to replace Semien's spot?

So far, no one. If they land Freeman without making any trades, then I think the plan would be to go with Cavan Biggio at 2B.

Edited by maxjusttyped

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Phillies, Cubs, Bos, NYY, Miami for starters 

Just now, chw42 said:

And this why we can’t settle with a bunch of bullpen & bench signings.  The Blue Jays are getting better and also have an amazing young core.  The same applies to the Mariners.  Eventually the Tigers & Royals could take a leap if enough of their young talent hits.  Stop fucking around and add that left-handed power bat and acquire a starter that pushes Keuchel to the bullpen.  The best way to extent our competing window is through deep playoff runs and elevated payrolls as it will take several years for the farm system to be rebuilt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m starting to think about this too. Which teams are even rumored to want an outfielder at this point? Sox, Rockies, Phillies? Maybe the Mets and Marlins? Doesn’t seem like a ton of competition. If the Sox don’t get one of the big 3 outfielders I will be very mad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Phillies, Cubs, Bos, NYY, Miami for starters 

I don't take Miami all that seriously considering Jeter left cause they didn't want to pony up for Castellanos. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The weird thing is that his statcast numbers still look good, about the same as when he was a good hitter in LA. It's not like he's 34 either, he's only 29 (about to be 30). I'm not sure why he's been so much worse the last 2 seasons. His defense also isn't very good since I think he put on some weight in 2020. 

Wasn’t he going through some personal and/or COVID related issues the past couple seasons?

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

There's quite a bit

PHI comes to mind

Guardians

I might log out and delete my account if the Guardians somehow out-spend us for a free agent. 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

They were also 2-5 against Houston in the regular season. 

You can believe what you want to believe. I don't think the Sox were very competitive in the 2021 MLB Playoffs. Some of us believe their window to contend is limited based on financial realities set from ownership. Because of that, there is a sense of urgency from some to quote "go for the jugular" these next two seasons.

Thus far, these moves haven't inspired a confidence that the Sox are truly interested in pushing themselves over the top. Time will tell. 

Which is weird because the Kimbrel move was going for the jugular.  Seems odd to make that move if things weren’t coming in the offseason.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

God I hate Philly ever since they cock blocked us Wheeler.

I can't watch the Phillies without thinking of how perfect Harper on this roster would be and what a mistake it was prioritizing Machado ahead of him in free agency

Edited by maxjusttyped
  • Like 5