Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

But what's the point if they aren't going to use the savings in a meaningful* way?

*And by meaningful, I mean using it in a way other that stuffing JRs pocket or spending it on multiple scrubs instead of one legit good player. 

Yeah, if we aren't going to spend his money anyways, I'd rather just fucking keep him lol 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This makes me more nervous than anything else so far this off season.  When the Sox hand-picked media starts pointing out how high payroll is, that probably isn't a good sign.

We’re really going into the season with only 2 legitimate defensive outfielders on the roster. That’s so White Sox. 

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Kris bryant 4yrs 80 mill, is that too low or too high? Just curious on others thoughts for what his contract will be

Way too low. I think he's gonna get 100+ million easily.

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think he would take a high AAV 1 year deal before accepting that.

If the story about the Mets being out there at 1/30 is true, he would take that first, unless he knows something about his body that the rest of us do not.

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This makes me more nervous than anything else so far this off season.  When the Sox hand-picked media starts pointing out how high payroll is, that probably isn't a good sign.

If I were Scott Merkin, I'd be pissed that the club isn't sticking to its side of the bargain. The way this transactional relationship is supposed to work is that he makes excuses for them, butters them up, sucks them off and finds creative ways to twist himself into a pretzel in order to justify all their moves and in exchange for him constantly putting lipstick on a pig he is supposed to get some scoops, but I don't see Merkin getting that many scoops. 

• Haha 1

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

If I were Scott Merkin, I'd be pissed that the club isn't sticking to its side of the bargain. The way this transactional relationship is supposed to work is that he makes excuses for them, butters them up, sucks them off and finds creative ways to twist himself into a pretzel in order to justify all their moves and in exchange for him constantly putting lipstick on a pig he is supposed to get some scoops, but I don't see Merkin getting that many scoops. 

Scott Merkin knows that being in the teams good graces is worth more than his personal opinion on the matter.  It is the case with pretty much all of the Chicago sports media currently on day to day assignments with teams.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Scott Merkin knows that being in the teams good graces is worth more than his personal opinion on the matter.  It is the case with pretty much all of the Chicago sports media currently on day to day assignments with teams.

Only guy that isn't is maybe Cowley and he's a POS so I don't trust any of what he says. I wish Chicago had more non mouthpiece types that aren't Joe. Fegan is great but he's a mouthpiece for the most part.

Just now, DirtySox said:

Wow...they really didn't want to keep Freeman. This deal goes until Olson is 35. Freeman wanting that 6th year would have put him at 37 at the end of his deal.