Andrew Vaughn hurts hip pointer, out 1-2 weeks per White Sox

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

All the belly aching by some about Vaughn playing out of position makes me ask if any of those posters are in the group who advocate signing or trading for players and then wanting them or an established player to move to another position? 

Sure, if they have the athletic ability and desire...most young MLBers like Vaughn will give it their utmost simply because they want a spot on the roster and refusing doesn't put them in a very good position with their team.  Once upon a time, converting to a utility spot was the only way for a lot of players to stick around, it was borne out of necessity.

We do talk about moving around nearly nearly every player on the roster.  For example, Moncada moving to second would have prevented the Harrison signing and opened up a spot for Burger, but it is what it is at this point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I had a similar landing playing football with my friends many years ago. I had a hip pointer. I was OK in a few days.

I hope it’s just that and not the Bo Jackson injury. Seems much more likely to be a hip pointer. 

10 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Hopefully Robert just freaked him out a little bit when he was favoring his hip and it’s nothing serious. 

Guessing the injury was caused from the impact. 

"Dude, just stay down and maybe they'll sign Conforto and you can finally play your natural position."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Quin locked this topic