White Sox @ Blue Jays 2:07 PM, Cueto (0-1, 2.41) vs. Manoah (5-1, 1.77)

hogan873

27 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Im sure Stone is getting his Twitter ready to tell us how stupid we are for being upset at the club

I heard Stone earlier today trying to justify the Sox lousy playing by talking about the records of both Philadelphia and Atlanta and how far they trail the NYM. Strange things are happening he says.

tumblr_inline_ps9xsxPohZ1qa3zgs_400.gifv

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today and I realized ever since Hahn was promoted, um, every single day the Sox have been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day I watch White Sox Baseball, that is the worst day of my fandom."

What about today? Is today the worst day of your fandoml?

"Yeah'

Wow, that's messed up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

tumblr_inline_ps9xsxPohZ1qa3zgs_400.gifv

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today and I realized ever since Hahn was promoted, um, every single day the Sox have been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day I watch White Sox Baseball, that is the worst day of my fandom."

What about today? Is today the worst day of your fandoml?

"Yeah'

Wow, that's messed up.

You win the internet today.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Saufley said:

I heard Stone earlier today trying to justify the Sox lousy playing by talking about the records of both Philadelphia and Atlanta and how far they trail the NYM. Strange things are happening he says.

And some people think LaRussa is senile.

4 minutes ago, pcq said:

Blame whoever hired Toney. 

I would have to say there’s plenty of spillover for this series. Bullpen relying on guys who are completely outmatched, offense has to choose between bad and awful for some positions, defense still bad.

Last year there were so many times I could point to one or two disastrous decisions. Today, lineup was bad but would they have tied it if Mendick played and Vaughn was higher in the lineup? Eh. Would LaRussa have been more inclined to use Hendriks in the 8th if it was tied? Probably not. Pitching wasn’t good enough, bullpen wasn’t good enough, offense is half dead weight no matter who they play, and a bad throw gave up an unearned run.

This team officially stinks. Seven measly hits again; at least two were by the sensational Robert. Today it was Lopez who stunk. 

This team is not built for modern era baseball. The starter going five innings and relievers taking over the rest of the way is not going to work with this team. Too many bad to mediocre relievers. We all know about the lineup. It is what it is with the dead ball. It's anemic.

Sox aren't hitting home runs in bunches at all. I don't think there's a solution. I just think we're the new Baltimore Orioles. A team going nowhere fast. My gosh do the Sox stink. I did assume this would happen without TA. The road record is going to be historically bad; should be close to .500 at home. Peace out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Uh huh, sure Tony…

That right there is hindsight managing.

you get ready to play BEFORE the series. That way you don’t have to get mad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

This team officially stinks. Seven measly hits again; at least two were by the sensational Robert. Today it was Lopez who stunk. 

This team is not built for modern era baseball. The starter going five innings and relievers taking over the rest of the way is not going to work with this team. Too many bad to mediocre relievers. We all know about the lineup. It is what it is with the dead ball. It's anemic.

Sox aren't hitting home runs in bunches at all. I don't think there's a solution. I just think we're the new Baltimore Orioles. A team going nowhere fast. My gosh do the Sox stink. I did assume this would happen without TA. The road record is going to be historically bad; should be close to .500 at home. Peace out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CubanConnectBR/status/435314366049550338

How are you?

The answer is “not good.”

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That's a big problem. With the way they spend on relievers annually, they SHOULD be built this way. Instead the high priced guys either suck and/or are hurt

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I couldn’t find any easy Twitter embeds making fun of the Cuban Connection falling apart.

Just got a Cubano sandwich food truck.

And a tweet from 2014. Now that’s true randomness.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JoeC said:

That right there is hindsight managing.

you get ready to play BEFORE the series. That way you don’t have to get mad.

I’m just laughing at the notion that he’ll do something about it.  Or that they’ll be ready to play on Friday. 

10 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I’m just laughing at the notion that he’ll do something about it.  Or that they’ll be ready to play on Friday. 

Especially in a game that'll be one of the most lopsided pitching matchups all season. It's going to be another long series this weekend.

• Like 1

This mess all goes back to the off season when instead of signing top line players to fill the holes (see Nick Castelanos), they go for bargain basement players praying they hit it big with them (see Josh Harrison).  It never works!  Throw in the disappointment of players they were counting on - Grandall, Moncada, etc…and injuries!  It’s a recipe for disaster!