6/9 GT: LAD @ Sox 1:10pm (Cease vs. Anderson)

ChiSox59

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Twins could have had both Graterol and Duran. They're really good at developing failed starters into dominant power relievers. 

Brusdar Graterol and Luke Raley in exchange for veteran starter Kenta Maeda and Jair Camargo.

Raley I think part of TB anti LGBTQ protest in pen...Maeda if he returns the last 6 weeks of the season off major surgery could still be a big factor for Twins down the stretch.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I mean, I’d certainly take a 4-5 record in the last 9 games against the Jays, Rays, and Dodgers, 6 of which were on the road.

If we win today, then yeah, we would survive this rough 9 game stretch. I think I said a 1.5 weeks ago that if we're still within 6 games of the Twins after this, we'll win the division. We still have a stretch against the Jays and Astros coming up after the Rangers and Detroit. 

I really hope they're turning a corner. Just need to get Yoan going. Burger can DH. Keep this lineup. Mendick has to have the upper hand at 2nd when Tim comes back

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you factor in how he has won maybe 4 games recently with his bat alone I don't know how its very debatable. While better defense would certainly help their biggest flaw his the hitting when you have the worst LHH in baseball by a large margin and RHH that can't hit RHP. Burger is much like Vaughn in that he can improve quickly against RHP if he gets some tutelage from Vaughn and not Menchino.

Aaaaaaand there is another example.  Dude jsut isnt an everyday quality defensive 3B 

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

I’d still give him a fair shot to get better, and let a rookie be a rookie. Guys can and do improve. But they need the reps and a job.

I have no problem finding ABs for him.  But moving Moncada off 3B for Burger is laughable.