7/11- White Sox at Guardians, 6:10

flavum

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Fine, you got your starter to give you 96 pitches but he’s in serious trouble now don’t let this game get away.

Let's be realistic here.   Unless Hendriks, Reynaldo and Graveman could cover the remaining 15 outs, I think I'd much rather roll dice with the Lynn going 110 vs Foster, Velazquez, Banks, Kelly, or Lambert.   

It's a bad situation either way and a looming DH sure makes it worse. 

8 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Well this game is about to get out of hand because Tony wants Lynn to get through 5

It did get out of hand quickly.  Once again we leave a gassed starter in at least one batter too long.  Probably worrying about having relievers for the double header tomorrow.  But it was only a one run game.  Let’s try to win this game and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.  It’s better one in the hand than two in the bush….

Just now, fathom said:

Something called a farm system. Sox wouldn’t know about it.

Guardians player dev takes players and makes them better. They have waves of talent at every level of their org. They draft pitchers and get them to gain 2-3 MPH on their fastball and start dominating. must be nice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Lance Keuchel.  How many starts into next year before he’s released 

His velocity is down but a ton of that ERA is due to Tony thinking he can throw 115 pitches in every start off knee surgery.

That said, I would be fascinated to hear people tell me how he has a ton of trade value with an ERA of 7.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

The Katz method of trying to throw through a wall and get those Ks.

If a pitcher pitches well, Ks will come naturally.  Otherwise, an out is an out.  The top analytics orgs have moved beyond Ks.  I just don't get this org.

6 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

8 runs in 4 innings. Heck of a start Linn. 

Should have been only 5 runs.  Lynn should not have gone out in the 5 th as he was gassed.  Thanks TLR for pulling another case of leaving the starter in too long. We never go all out to try to keep games close by using our best resources.

Edited by hankchifan

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Lance Keuchel.  How many starts into next year before he’s released 

Zero need to extend him midseason. Hurt his knee right after, hasn't lost any weight to help the knee issue.

Pitches 5 games in the first half, avoids any blame or scrutiny. called a "team leader" because he yells like an idiot on the mound and at Super Joe.

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

If a pitcher pitches well, Ks will come naturally.  Otherwise, an out is an out.  The top analytics orgs have moved beyond Ks.  I just don't get this org.

Kopech can't even throw through a wet newspaper the way he's trending.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Zero need to extend him midseason. Hurt his knee right after, hasn't lost any weight to help the knee issue.

Pitches 5 games in the first half, avoids any blame or scrutiny. called a "team leader" because he yells like an idiot on the mound and at Super Joe.

"Filet mignon and baked potatoes."

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What has anyone else done? Even Frank Thomas said they need more of that from players