7/16 Sox @ Twinkies 2:00PM Let’s get over .500!!

Vote4Pedro

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Oh I think you are posting this because he sucks

We love awarding $18 million contracts to veteran pitchers in their 30’s but NOT to Carlos Rodon in his 20’s.

Idiots…

That likely doesn’t happen without LaRussa’s involvement, either.

• Like 2

Just now, 2Deep said:

Aj pollock needs to go fuck himself 

The idea of him coming back to the team next year at $12-13 million is about as palatable as Cesar Hernandez this year or two more seasons of Leury in his 30’s.

That’s not all that far off from what some team is going to pay Conforto in 2023.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, almagest said:

Did not expect Lynn to be the worst starter in baseball this year. Hope he’s just getting back from injury and lack of spring training or something…

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

So disappointing he didn’t lose any weight after struggling with the knee injury to end last season.  Guarantee he would have if he was a free agent.

Yep. He may lose some weight next year if he's interested in trying for a final deal, otherwise, he gets $38M the final two years plus the MLB Per Diem to gorge on Pizza and Beer.

Didn't understand the rush to extend him in July. No interest in extending or even a QO offer for the pitcher 6 years younger.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Do you remember the last two off-seasons?

I only remember the fake interest/hype show around Bryce Harper that was as closing to sealing the deal as KW having an auxiliary seat at the Boras Corp table for the A-Rod FA negotiations.

But the last really expensive (for the Sox) guy we signed was Melky Cabrera, and that was yet another Hahn Special.

Clearly Lynn doesn't give a shit about the Sox; just his "fat" & probably last contract.  Once on the books, he got as fat as he wanted. "Who cares, I'm rich, what else matters?"  He'll lose some weight in the off season and eventually get somewhat decent in the 2nd half of 2023 as the club option gets him motivated.  Have another pizza, asshole!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rounding_Third said:

Clearly Lynn doesn't give a shit about the Sox; just his "fat" & probably last contract.  Once on the books, he got as fat as he wanted. "Who cares, I'm rich, what else matters?"  He'll lose some weight in the off season and eventually get somewhat decent in the 2nd half of 2023 as the club option gets him motivated.  Have another pizza, asshole!

This wholly unprovoked attack on pizza is unfair to say the least.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Sammy Sosa for George Bell didn’t work out all that well either.

George Bell at least finished 20th in the MVP voting in 1992.

Pollock might not even end up with a Top 20 fWAR on the Sox roster…

But Bell was pretty much done in 1993 when they really needed him…hence, Bo Jackson among others.

4 minutes ago, Rounding_Third said:

Boo.