Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This was a legendary failure by Hahn. You can't fail this badly if you tried. Busts all over the diamond. 

I’ve used this analogy a bunch, but they went “all-in” with the rebuild and it has been a total failure. When you go all-in and lose…you don’t get to buy back in. 

Yet Rick and Kenny are still employed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’ve used this analogy a bunch, but they went “all-in” with the rebuild and it has been a total failure. When you go all-in and lose…you don’t get to buy back in. 

It’s amazing.it’s his 11th season calling the shots. He’s had 2 good teams. 1 was during Covid only 60 games, no fans. In his 11 years as a GM, Sox fans have only had 1 season they could go watch a good White Sox team.  The MCaskeys would have fired him long ago. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

They went all-in on 2015 and finished in 4th place. They grabbed their clothes, sold those off to go all in again in 2016, and finished in 4th place. They’ve gotten to buy back in before.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It’s amazing.it’s his 11th season calling the shots. He’s had 2 good teams. 1 was during Covid only 60 games, no fans. In his 11 years as a GM, Sox fans have only had 1 season they could go watch a good White Sox team.  The MCaskeys would have fired him long ago. 

You can’t even count 2020.  It was extended spring training.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This team needs to go 74-61 the rest of the way…to finish .500. I don’t like our chances.

Considering they were 39-34 their last 73 in 2021, 81-81 last season, and 7-20 this season, so 127-135 their last 262 games, 74-61 looks next to impossible, in their effort to be mediocre.

Sustained winning, multiple championships. 

How is this for lack of logic. If it is finally determined that a change is needed with who makes the roster, it more than likely will be made after these same bozos are the ones trading players at the deadline. A change needs to be made now. Take the keys away from Rick and Kenny before they make more mistakes.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

This is brutal. I’m someone that would go to 15 games a year, check 7 minor league games a night and watch the games. It’s all slipping away for me right now. It’s too hard to have a team with an owner this stubborn and pathetic.

• Like 3

What should we expect in terms of prospects from teams like the Dodgers, Astros, Braves, etc when we ultimately trade TA, Gio, Hendriks, Cease at the deadline

Looking for specific prospect names and also which guys do you think we will get the most value for?

I've seen people saying we are more likely to trade Burger than Moncada 🪦 💀

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

What should we expect in terms of prospects from teams like the Dodgers, Astros, Braves, etc when we ultimately trade TA, Gio, Hendriks, Cease at the deadline

Looking for specific prospect names and also which guys do you think we will get the most value for?

I've seen people saying we are more likely to trade Burger than Moncada 🪦 💀

Cease would 100% return the most if we decided to move him and then Tim.  It’s hard to say without knowing what Liam looks like when he comes back.

What’s very clear to me is the Sox need to bold at the deadline.  We 100% have to trade Tim & Liam now vs. waiting until the off-season.  They are inherently more valuable to two playoff runs and the return will reflect that.  I don’t think I’d have this front office trade Cease as his value should more or less carry into the off-season.  Let the new front office (hopefully) do an auction process to a larger pool of potential buyers.

And my god is thinking through this stuff in April super depressing.  My oldest son was finally getting into the team/sport and he’s 100% going to turn into a Cubs fan now because they aren’t a complete bunch of losers from to bottom like this s%*# show of an organization.  I truly hate Rick Hahn with all my heart.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Cease would 100% return the most if we decided to move him and then Tim.  It’s hard to say without knowing what Liam looks like when he comes back.

What’s very clear to me is the Sox need to bold at the deadline.  We 100% have to trade Tim & Liam now vs. waiting until the off-season.  They are inherently more valuable to two playoff runs and the return will reflect that.  I don’t think I’d have this front office trade Cease as his value should more or less carry into the off-season.  Let the new front office (hopefully) do an auction process to a larger pool of potential buyers.

And my god is thinking through this stuff in April super depressing.  My oldest son was finally getting into the team/sport and he’s 100% going to turn into a Cubs fan now because they aren’t a complete bunch of losers from to bottom like this s%*# show of an organization.  I truly hate Rick Hahn with all my heart.

The problem is if you trade these guys now, guess who is making the trades?

Pretty awful GM beyond Abreu Robert Liam and Cease trade.  We traded Tatis Jr for James Shields.  Sale trade was a wash.  Let Rodon walk without QO.  Signed Lynn long term when he's out of shape and getting old.  Grandal Bust.  Keppinger sucked.  Laroche sucked.  Dunn sucked.  Traded Madrigal exact player this team needed for Kimbrel who was awful year before trade and declining.   Keeps signing management from the only worse team than sox the fkn Royals.  This team can't draft and develop players time for fire sale and eat money on some of these bad contracts.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They're getting traded though, sucks but it is what it is

I'd be shocked if all of those guys are still here after July 31

1 hour ago, bmags said:

This is brutal. I’m someone that would go to 15 games a year, check 7 minor league games a night and watch the games. It’s all slipping away for me right now. It’s too hard to have a team with an owner this stubborn and pathetic.

I agree 100%! I've been a real good fan for a long time, but I have gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore!

48 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I say this being 100% genuine...in 2023 raising your child to be a Sox fan is just setting them up to hate baseball 😂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bryank1202 said:

Pretty awful GM beyond Abreu Robert Liam and Cease trade.  

Don't forget that, after a 73-win season, Hahn traded Marcus Semien, Chris Bassitt, et al for Michael Ynoa, 1 year of Jeff Samardzija and "the exclusive ability to talk to him (Samardzija) for 10 months."

• TLR 1

42 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

At this point, I don't even care. You have to at least deal whatever productive guys you have in the middle of the summer that have expiring contracts. At the very least. If there is a possibility of a change in GM in the off-season, probably hold onto TA.

52 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I know, it’s a legit conundrum.  But my plan would be to fire Hahn in May and then re-prioritize the remaining staff to focus entirely on scouting minor league talent across a specific set of contenders.  As much as that scares me, I don’t see another option when it comes to Tim & Liam.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Don't forget that, after a 73-win season, Hahn traded Marcus Semien, Chris Bassitt, et al for Michael Ynoa, 1 year of Jeff Samardzija and "the exclusive ability to talk to him (Samardzija) for 10 months."

Imagine they had actually signed Shark and Alex Gordon... yikes.