Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

45 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'm still trying to figure out how Grifol was the answer for this team. He may be a smart and fun coach, but he is no manager, and everyone but Hahn knew that. 

I also love how people felt sorry for Hahn because he got stuck with TLR. Then proceeded to hire the worst possible candidate for the job when given the chance. 

While this is true, his first choice (hinch) was denied him before they hired TLR, and we all wanted Hinch.  Doesn’t make the Grifol hire better but at least he wanted a coach that we all agreed was the best for that group 

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'm still trying to figure out how Grifol was the answer for this team. He may be a smart and fun coach, but he is no manager, and everyone but Hahn knew that. 

I also love how people felt sorry for Hahn because he got stuck with TLR. Then proceeded to hire the worst possible candidate for the job when given the chance. 

I’m not defending Hahn, but maybe Grifol was the best candidate?

I didn’t follow the interviewing process, so I really don’t know. But I’m fairly sure no good manager would have been interested. We had our chance when we hired La Russa. All of the flaws of the franchise came out during his time in the dugout. Now we probably have to settle for whatever we can get.

And I didn’t need to follow the interviewing process to know Grifol was going to suck. He came from basically the worst team in baseball. And on top of that, they tried to skew his background when they announced his hiring to make it seem like he was an integral part of the Royals’ World Series team. A few seconds of internet searching told me that he was their bullpen coach or catcher or some other BS position. I knew right then that we were being sold on a loser.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 5:11 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

White Sox seasons 16 + games under .500 at the All Star Break (July 9 for non All Star Game Seasons)

Rick Hahn (10* 2013 - TBD)

• 2023 -16 38-54 (TBD)
  • 2018 -29 33-62 (-38 62-100)
  • 2013 -18 37-55 (-36 63-99)

Ron Schueler (10 1991-2000)

• 1998 -16 35-51 (-2 80-82)

Larry Himes (1987-1990)

• 1989 -24 32-56 (-23 69-92)
  • 1987 -17 34-51 (-8 77-85)

Ed Short (10 1961-1970)

• 1970 -27 31-58 (-50 56-106)
  • 1969 -16 40-56 (-26 68-94)

Leslie O'Connor (3 1946-1948)

• 1948 -26 23-49 (-50 51-101)

Harry Grabiner (31 1915-1945)

• 1934 -26 25-51 (-46 53-99)
  • 1932 -20 28-48 (-53 49-102)
  • 1931 -19 28-47 (-41 56-97)
  • 1930 -16 29-45 (-30 62-92)
  • 1929 -23 28-51 (-34 59-93)

Note *: 2020 owner cancelled season (102 of 162 games) not included.

Going into tonight's game the Sox are 41-61 at .402

If they continue on that same pace they will go either 24-36 or 25-35 the rest of the way.

Thus finishing either 65-97 .401 or 66-96 .407

This of course is based on the current roster. We are assuming several players will hopefully be gone at the trade deadline and obviously replaced with the AAA & AA players. Thus logically speaking, a 100 loss season is definitely in play for the worst GM in White Sox history.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Going into tonight's game the Sox are 41-61 at .402

If they continue on that same pace they will go either 24-36 or 25-35 the rest of the way.

Thus finishing either 65-97 .401 or 66-96 .407

This of course is based on the current roster. We are assuming several players will hopefully be gone at the trade deadline and obviously replaced with the AAA & AA players. Thus logically speaking, a 100 loss season is definitely in play for the worst GM in White Sox history.

100 + will have a bigger impact in terms of the non Reinsdorf paid media calling for his head, but it comes down to Jerry's preference to retain FO guys he likes over FO guys who can perform that he may not necessarily like as much.

Hopefully the Sox will take advantage of these two months to allow younger players reasonably ready to play and assess what they have in house. Guys like Andrus, Frazer, Grandal who aren't moved at the deadline should see reduced playing time or even DFA if there is adequate coverage for the remaining two months (not the case currently at catcher without a veteran plug in claimed or received).

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

And I didn’t need to follow the interviewing process to know Grifol was going to suck. He came from basically the worst team in baseball. And on top of that, they tried to skew his background when they announced his hiring to make it seem like he was an integral part of the Royals’ World Series team. A few seconds of internet searching told me that he was their bullpen coach or catcher or some other BS position. I knew right then that we were being sold on a loser.

Grifol is in way over his head.  How that did not come through in the interview I am not certain.

We will never know if Hinch was the answer.  The feeling was the team would play for him but would they?  He was coming with some baggage and we now see that this team is mentally weak and very flawed at playing baseball.  he is keeping the Tigers afloat so who knows.  

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

I’m not defending Hahn, but maybe Grifol was the best candidate?

I didn’t follow the interviewing process, so I really don’t know. But I’m fairly sure no good manager would have been interested. We had our chance when we hired La Russa. All of the flaws of the franchise came out during his time in the dugout. Now we probably have to settle for whatever we can get.

There was Bruce Botchy hired by Texas. Nobody knows if we would have gotten him, but when you compare teams after the 2022 season, you had the Rangers at 68-94 and the Sox at 81-81. 

Plus what about all the coaches on great teams wanting to be a manager. I recall the interview list wasn't that extensive. 

How about the fact Hahn sucks at recognizing talent whether it's a manager or player. Hell, one the worst teams in baseball the Royals, took a big pass on Grifol. 

Let's face it, both Grifol and Hahn are both "Over their Heads!"

• Love 1

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Nothing will have an impact on Hahn's ego/hubris.

He will just put on his mask and go on like everything's perfectly okay...just focused on that day's opponent, fill in with appropriate cliches like "we're doing everything possible as a staff each and every day to provide fans the championship-caliber team they deserve."

I guess nobody really knows, but he does seem like a trust fund spoiled kid born w a silver spoon, the little prick

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Well the pretty inept Royals knew that at least...since they were already the most familiar with him.

Hindsight is 20/20. Plus, we don’t actually know why the Royals didn’t hire him, so what’s the point in pretending we do?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Plus, we don’t actually know why the Royals didn’t hire him, so what’s the point in pretending we do?

Snopek is Hahn

Finkel is Einhorn

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Snopek said:

I would move Grifoil's desk to the basement and take his stapler. Time to get serious. 

5 hours ago, fathom said:

Pedro is just an electric speaker 

Oppenheimer award winner with that level of precise insight...and critical thinking.

If only we could have gotten his best buddy Eduardo Perez...but he would never leave ESPN for this burning pile of garbage.