Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

7 minutes ago, T R U said:

Unfortunately, if we did decide to sell we have very little of value to offer.

Cueto would probably get back something useful. Reynaldo Lopez might as well given how great he has been in the bullpen role and he has another year of control.

Graveman, I don't know how much he returns with 2 more years at 8million per.

Other than that, what do we have to offer as a seller?

Abreu

1 minute ago, T R U said:

I don't see any scenario where they would trade Abreu, and even if they did I wouldn't expect to get much of a return.

He is top 10 in the AL in wRC+.  Last year Nelson Cruz got the Twins Joe Ryan.  

The Sox won't trade Abreu, but if they did, they'd definitely get something interesting. 

On 7/26/2022 at 1:48 PM, chetkincaid said:

This trade proposal is ass. See this is why I don’t want the front office to touch anything until the off season. Don’t hastily trade away any valuable prospects to try to save this dead ass season. Let this shit die on the vine and maybe our Weekend At Bernie’s manager will go TF back home.  

I totally agree with you. That proposed trade would be Hahn's dumbest trade ever. I agree with you that panicking now and making some quick fixes is not smart and let's do this after the season. 

The fact is even if we add a piece or two, we are not good enough to contend with the Yankees, Dodgers and Astros. There are just too holes on this team. 

Love the Weekend At Bernie’s manager reference! 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 1:21 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He has to make an impact very quickly because the window is closing very quickly if we aren't seeing the end of it right now already.

What is the damn rush? Colas is only 23 yrs old. What window is running out? You want to keep trading away prospects for established average players, which is the same crap that Kenny Williams did for years that ruined this team after he got lucky in 2005. This why Kenny isn't involved in the decisions any longer. Guess what, we will still need players in 2023 and 2024 and on, because we have several players who will be FA's over the next few years and there is no guarantee they will remain here. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I’d expect the Sox to be one of those teams.

If they're really serious about making a run, SP might be the biggest need.  Who is your game 2 playoff starter right now?  Cueto?  I'm so torn here, part of me wants a big move to make a run, the other knows it's all for naught and thinks they should sell off any asset they can. 

Edit: Meant to reply to the "pitching market" tweet

Edited by JoeCredeYes
replied to wrong post

Just now, The Kids Can Play said:

What is the damn rush? Colas is only 23 yrs old. What window is running out? You want to keep trading away prospects for established average players, which is the same crap that Kenny Williams did for years that ruined this team after he got lucky in 2005. This why Kenny isn't involved in the decisions any longer. Guess what, we will still need players in 2023 and 2024 and on, because we have several players who will be FA's over the next few years and there is no guarantee they will remain here. 

Hence, our window is closing. The goal was to win multiple championships. Even with how forgiving our owner is, I don't think there is going to be a second chance at a rebuild for the current regime.

Your job is on the line, you need to win now and not worry about 3-4 years from now if you're Rick Hahn.

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

If they're really serious about making a run, SP might be the biggest need.  Who is your game 2 playoff starter right now?  Cueto?  I'm so torn here, part of me wants a big move to make a run, the other knows it's all for naught and thinks they should sell off any asset they can. 

I mean, it has to be Kopech at this point unless his arm falls off or they just shut him down and it doesn't sound like they intend to do that.

Just now, T R U said:

I mean, it has to be Kopech at this point unless his arm falls off or they just shut him down and it doesn't sound like they intend to do that.

Yeah very likely, dude just hasn't been the same since the knee issue.  Hopefully Lynn and Gio start looking more like their normal selves here, but if they don't you def need a decent TOR type arm. 

18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He is top 10 in the AL in wRC+.  Last year Nelson Cruz got the Twins Joe Ryan.  

The Sox won't trade Abreu, but if they did, they'd definitely get something interesting. 

In hindsight, the Twins did great there. They also could have gotten a 26 year old minor league pitcher who flames out.

For Abreu, I would rather just keep him then get an interesting lottery ticket. He's the leader here.

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Not vouching for this account in any way, but I hope he is right re Colas & Montgomery.

This.

Plus Vera. 

Savages cannot be moved. We're not going to rob Peter to pay Paul when Paul is a mediocre .500 team that will get wrecked in the playoffs by NYY or HOU regardless of who we add.

Sell high on Cueto. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldsox said:

One of you (or more) who really follows our farm system, please rank our 3 middle infield, stateside prospects:

Sosa, Ramos, Rodriguez

I think the league consensus would be as follows. 

1. Rodriguez

2. Ramos

3. Sosa

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This.

Plus Vera. 

Savages cannot be moved. We're not going to rob Peter to pay Paul when Paul is a mediocre .500 team that will get wrecked in the playoffs by NYY or HOU regardless of who we add.

Sell high on Cueto. 

Yeah, I'm just not willing to ship off the few promising prospects in the system for mediocre rentals.  I don't have much faith that the FO is smart enough not to though.

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Yeah, I'm just not willing to ship off the few promising prospects in the system for mediocre rentals.  I don't have much faith that the FO is smart enough not to though.

Yeah and in fairness, I don't think the issue is the FO. Its JR and TLR who have the power and they aren't invested in the long term at this point so they don't give a damn about a second window. 

Therefore, I could easily seeing them get rid of savage talents to chase a title that will not happen this year no matter what. 

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

Hence, our window is closing. The goal was to win multiple championships. Even with how forgiving our owner is, I don't think there is going to be a second chance at a rebuild for the current regime.

Your job is on the line, you need to win now and not worry about 3-4 years from now if you're Rick Hahn.

You are right, the goals were to win multiple championships and be in the playoffs yearly like the Dodgers and Astros. However some good plans get sidetracked and this team although it initially looked good is actually flawed severely. Yet the window isn't closed....as it is just slowed down or delayed. We still have some great players. We just need to ne sellers on a few players and and then dump some payroll and go after FA's in 2023 and 2024. 

When you are close to winning a championship is when you add those pieces. The Sox are not close and it would be stupid to give away prospects for players that won't help us win a WS championship. 

I love the Sox as much as anyone in here and desperately want another WS championship, but at some point we need to face reality and not have our fandom blinders on. 

• Like 1