7/27 Sox @ Rockies 2:10 CST

Vote4Pedro

If LaRussa had any balls, he would immediately put Engel in the game and tell Leury and Super Joe to sit at the end of the bench together and think about how they can get their heads out of their collective asses

• TLR 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Agree on the Lucas hate, but Grandal is one of Soxtalk’s favorite whipping boys along with Yoan.  People were trying to blame the HR Liam gave up on Yaz being behind the plate.

My primary criticism of Grandal was on Hahn, signing for four years (and with no other reported offers) was too long for a catcher in his 30s. Few catchers (5-10%) are able to play regularly once they cross 30, and their production typically suffers a significant drop off. It's hard to see him catch more than 70 games his final two seasons here, which would be slightly below his pace the first two seasons, though that is to be expected at his age. However, it doesn't appear to have been considered in his contract offer.

The one area where I think he could have improved on, and perhaps he did, was to take on the game / pitcher prep, having McCann as a mentor in that regard.

1 minute ago, JoeC said:

only 1 out on that fly ball that dropped in. No way to tell if Blackmon was going to get there. I can excuse that part.

Also, not sure how he's supposed to score from 2nd on that attempted DP.

The pickoff? Yikes.

disagree, watch the replay Leury was 10 feet from 2B, looking over his shoulder at RF and should have seen the ball drop, then get bobbled.

Just now, A-Train to 35th said:

disagree, watch the replay Leury was 10 feet from 2B, looking over his shoulder at RF and should have seen the ball drop, then get bobbled.

The Sox are lax with their base running when they should be aggressive and stupidly aggressive when they shouldn't be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yet he still stays in the game. No wonder these assholes never learn, there’s no accountability unless you homer on a 3-0 pitch

He should have been benched immediately.  Send the memo.  We can afford to sit him, he has the lowest BA in the team. No accountability.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

My primary criticism of Grandal was on Hahn, signing for four years (and with no other reported offers) was too long for a catcher in his 30s. Few catchers (5-10%) are able to play regularly once they cross 30, and their production typically suffers a significant drop off. It's hard to see him catch more than 70 games his final two seasons here, which would be slightly below his pace the first two seasons, though that is to be expected at his age. However, it doesn't appear to have been considered in his contract offer.

The one area where I think he could have improved on, and perhaps he did, was to take on the game / pitcher prep, having McCann as a mentor in that regard.

Nope, at the clubs with Moncada.

Should have had the Kyler Murray game film requirement clause for $70+ million.

Just now, chw42 said:

The Sox are lax with their base running when they should be aggressive and stupidly aggressive when they shouldn't be. 

It’s funny that Stone had to mention Timmy was hustling on that close play. He of course didn’t mention he hit the middle of the bag and also it looked like he didn’t run straight out of the box for some odd reason.

• Hawk 1