8.28 Snakes @ Sox Fire Everyone Gamethread - 1:10PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

What greater good ?All you can do is hope that the Sox make moves and that the moves they make will help.

Those are 2 things they have a chance of screwing up.

If they wanted to do a rebuild right they would've made those moves before the rebuild started.

They won’t do a rebuild but falling below 500 for year and missing the playoffs should all but seal the fate of TLR at a minimum. So yes it’s for the greater good of the ball club. 

if they were to some how get into the playoffs I see a path to where very little moves are made and everyone comes back next season. It’s very obvious major changes have to happen or this is absolute failure 

4 minutes ago, soxfaninfl said:

Almost speechless…

In the end, it doesn’t really matter, but Eloy should have been the last pinch hit option. With first open and only one out, did you really expect them to pitch to Eloy?

So the start of the problem was batting Engel above Zavala in the order in the first place. That doesn't even make sense. Once that mistake was made, you should absolutely hit Eloy for Engel, but then you should also let Zavala bat.

• Like 1

Should have no problem getting good seats for the last month at the ole ballpark. College football starts in full force this week with the NFL not far behind. 

Hopefully the place is totally empty for the rest of the home games. That is the only way the fans can show JR how fed up they are. 

There are a lot of players on this team stealing money this year. This is by far the most unlikeable Sox team of my 45 years rooting for this team. 

• Love 1

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

I'm walking the same line. That would be a smack in the face to all Sox fans. And I really want Hahn gone. Dude sucks. Kenny can take the same flight out of here. Dude is so lucky. Nobody else in baseball hire him. Still living on the ghost of 05 17 years later

That wouldn't be a first.

I’m fairly new to this forum. I’m a UK based fan since 2003. Since then I’ve stayed up late most nights to watch games and have travelled from London to Chicago 7 or 8 times since then to watch games. This is by far and away the most frustrating team I’ve seen in that time. The multiple rebuild teams we have had since  the WS in 2005 were much more fun to watch than this.  If this is Abreu’s last season with us it’s such a shame that it’s on such a shitty team

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

5 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

So the start of the problem was batting Engel above Zavala in the order in the first place. That doesn't even make sense. Once that mistake was made, you should absolutely hit Eloy for Engel, but then you should also let Zavala bat.

Honestly, at the time it didn’t strike me because Seby was on deck and the only option for him was Carlos in case we tied it. I figured Seby would hit… but when Leury came out, I was like what the… We just wasted Eloy.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Bob Uecker made a pile of money making fun of how bad a hitter he was. 580 or so lifetime OPS. Tony uses a guy with a .505 OPS in a key situation.  The guy has some issues. 

Sad that Tony thought of him as a super man and Leury became one of the most despised players among fans and media.  That's something a manager needs to think of.

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Tony got played in the 9th. His best option was Eloy and he took the bat out of his hands.

Same thought but it probably didn’t matter. They would have pitched around Eloy anyway unless Engel/Garcia walked. Just not enough bullets on this team.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

Why would you not have Diekman up and ready to pitch to McArthy?

Tony is betting five to six figures a game against the White Sox via the Caesars White Sox Betting App. Will restock his wine cave for October 6.

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

I want there to be no doubt that this team wasn’t a contender.  Make it so no excuses can be made.

No mercy sensei.

b65bf2ee-46fe-488f-9251-a55217aa16c2

Just now, kitekrazy said:

Sad that Tony thought of him as a super man and Leury became one of the most despised players among fans and media.  That's something a manager needs to think of.

You know when TLR called Leury to go in to hit, Leury's first thought was Who? Me?