Will Abreu be a White Sox in 2023?

chitownsportsfan

Will Abreu return to the White Sox in 2023?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Jose returning next year?

• Yes, he will sign a new deal
    • No, he will sign elsewhere

This poll is closed to new votes

59 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I don’t buy that they’ve made a decision on him for one second. Won’t be surprised at all if they trade Vaughn for a SP and resign Jose.

Also won’t be surprised if Jose does move onto another team and Vaughn remains with us.

The 2023 off-season is going to be very revealing for sure. If they go into the season with 4 glaring fucking holes again… they are fucking clueless or don’t really give a s%*#.

They don't give a s%*#. 

I find it hilarious that the word f*** is so versatile that random variations evade the swear filter. Lol.

f*** those fucking fuckers and their fuckery. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

They don't give a s%*#. 

I find it hilarious that the word f*** is so versatile that random variations evade the swear filter. Lol.

f*** those fucking fuckers and their fuckery. 

f**** that.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Chimpton said:

But neither Eloy or AV can be relied on to last a full season without spells on the IL whereas Jose has been fairly robust over the seasons, and as for not being able to hit 20 hrs this season, neither did any other White Sox batter, so should we get rid of them as well?

Ok sure you're right about Eloy for sure. But Jose isn't signing to be a part time player. If we keep him and start him bc of what ifs then he'd start and put us back to having terrible OF defense. 

Your 1B needs to have more than 15 hr power. Eloy was hurt, EV played his first real season, Robert injured, etc. As you said, Jose doesn't miss much time. Yet he hit below 20 hrs.

Edited by Capital G

53 minutes ago, Capital G said:

Ok sure you're right about Eloy for sure. But Jose isn't signing to be a part time player. If we keep him and start him bc of what ifs then he'd start and put us back to having terrible OF defense. 

Your 1B needs to have more than 15 hr power. Eloy was hurt, EV played his first real season, Robert injured, etc. As you said, Jose doesn't miss much time. Yet he hit below 20 hrs.

I know where you are coming from as AV needs to be moved to 1B if he is to contribute properly and Eloy needs to be DH if he is to avoid missing half the season by getting himself injured again. I am just concerned that we may regret ditching one of the most consistent hitters in the team, he could bounce back with more power next season.

Basically, this whole mess has been caused by bad roster building by the FO that has resulted in so many 1B/DH types and Grandal who is basically a DH now at best, along with Eloy. Realistically I know that not renewing Jose is the easiest option, but it would be hard to see him for another team next season especially if he still produces.

18 hours ago, Capital G said:

The ball was dead this season for gosh sakes. Also a starter only goes 4-5 innings. That means 2-3 at bats are against guys that throw 95 then after you foul two off get you out with a cutter. Granted some of these relievers are hacks but more often than not they either walk a guy or strike out a guy. Jose has more than 15 HR power. He will prove that for his next team if it's a live ball.

Edited by greg775

On 10/13/2022 at 9:17 PM, greg775 said:

The ball was dead this season for gosh sakes. Also a starter only goes 4-5 innings. That means 2-3 at bats are against guys that throw 95 then after you foul two off get you out with a cutter. Granted some of these relievers are hacks but more often than not they either walk a guy or strike out a guy. Jose has more than 15 HR power. He will prove that for his next team if it's a live ball.

Agreed for the most part but Judge didnt seem to care, imagine how many more dingers he would have hit under normal circumstances?

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Neither are wrong when it comes to the White Sox. 

Bruce has never been right about the white sox, he staked his reputation on the white sox signing Omar Vizquel and 6 hours later he signed a 3 year deal with the giants.  He doesn’t break news about them, he has zero sources

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Bruce has never been right about the white sox, he staked his reputation on the white sox signing Omar Vizquel and 6 hours later he signed a 3 year deal with the giants.  He doesn’t break news about them, he has zero sources

That was how long ago?

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

He hasn’t been right about anything since bro.  I know you latch on to anything that fits your narrative but Bruce ain’t it

Bruce was probably the most accurate during the Machado "pursuit" 

Bob and Bruce are wrong a lot in general, but when it comes to the White Sox I'd believe them over anyone else in baseball media. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Right on Jack, Bruce was impeccable

or if you want to believe Josh, then they still offered 7 lmao

Bruce is a joke

I already told you how I think that went down. The Sox offer was 7/175 until Machado got the $300M offer from San Diego. Then, the Sox "offered" him an inferior deal that they knew had zero chance of being accepted so they could look slightly less ridiculous. 

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I already told you how I think that went down. The Sox offer was 7/175 until Machado got the $300M offer from San Diego. Then, the Sox "offered" him an inferior deal that they knew had zero chance of being accepted so they could look slightly less ridiculous. 

Yea that doesn’t make Bruce right about anything, that’s your theory

• Texsox locked this topic