Jesse Rogers: Sox Sign Benintendi - 5yr / $75M

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nope, but both are legit problems.

Let's not argue about what's worse. 

Both experiences are valid. 

Jack also has the White Sox fan disorder overlay on top of the other stuff.

There should be a diagnosis code in the DSM-IV for Chicago White Sox fan disorder. That by itself would probably reduce someone's GAF score from normal to at least 60 just by itself and maybe even into the 50s. 

• Haha 4

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Let’s say the Sox trade for Jansen. Do they cut ties with Grandal before the season? Or do they give him a chance to split time early on, and then cut him if he’s useless?

Probably keep him to start and give him a few games a week catching and 1B/DH.  If he sucks, he gets the Keuchel treatment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

The Sox were clearly in on Murphy. That should tell you all you need to know about how they view Grandal.

Yeah that's why I think Hendriks for Jansen has to be imminent, even if people don't like it. If they could get someone to eat some of Grandals money it would give us some breathing room.

5 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Yep it just takes one to go down and you have Eloy/Sheets roaming the outfield again 

We really do have PTSD. I want to believe the Sox will have 4-5 real outfielders on the team or the 5th able to be shuttled up from AAA. And that Pedro would be just as disgusted as we are to make up that type lineup card. Tony probably got a thrill from it. I WANT TO BELIEVE

4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Jack also has the White Sox fan disorder overlay on top of the other stuff.

There should be a diagnosis code in the DSM-IV for Chicago White Sox fan disorder. That by itself would probably reduce someone's GAF score from normal to at least 60 just by itself and maybe even into the 50s. 

Lol. You made me laugh. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

He is a little inconsistent and not all the metrics agree from year to year. However, the last 2 years he has had a positive UZR, a positive DRS, and an OAA of 0. Prior to that, UZR didn't like him in 2018-2020 and OAA and DRS didn't like him in 2019 - however none of those were the kinds of deep chasms that the White Sox saw from their corner OFs last year. In general, I get the impression of a guy who has become a stable if unspectacular fielder who won't carry you to wins based on his defense but who won't embarrass himself out there even if he's struggling with something that year. 

... and that ladies and gentlemen is the top FA signing in franchise history!!!

8 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I bet Hendriks to TOR for Jansen (in some form or another) is the next move. Balances out payroll and addresses C for the next two years.

Foodies are also implying a BP trade is coming soon. 

At that point just add a 4th OF and low salary LH platoon 2B and they're prolly good to go I bet unless they get something huge for TA. 

The foodies are complete frauds.  I do think Hendriks gets dealt though.

If it were me, I’d do the following to wrap up the off-season:

• Trade Ramos, Vera/Mena & Sosa/Romy to TB for Lowe
  • Trade Hendriks to TOR for Jansen and a pitching prospect
  • Trade Zavala to TBD team for a live arm with options
  • Sign Adam Duvall to a 1/$7M deal
  • Sign Alex Reyes to a 1/$2M deal

Run with this for next year:

Lineup: 1) Anderson, SS | 2) Benintendi*, LF | 3) Vaughn, 1B | 4) Jimenez, DH | 5) Lowe, 2B* | 6) Robert, CF | 7) Moncada, 3B# | C) Jansen*, C | 9) Colas*, RF

Bench: IF) Gonzalez | OF) Duvall | UT) Garcia# | BC) Grandal#

Rotation: 1) Cease | 2) Lynn | 3) Giolito | 4) Kopech | 5) Clevinger

Bullpen: CL) Lopez | SU) Graveman | SU) Bummer* | MR) Kelly | MR) Diekman* | MR) Reyes | MR) Ruiz/Lambert | LR) Avila

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Where are all the chicken littles that said we'd never sign an OF?  We just got the 2nd best LH option on the market. 

I’m surprised they signed him but also fully expect this now means Liam is traded. The bigger concern is whether the team is any better after a Liam trade than it was at the end of last year?

Added: Benintendi, Clevinger, Reyes, return from Hendriks trade

Subtracted: Abreu, Cueto, Pollock, Harrison, Engel, Hendriks

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's the point though.  I am not going to come in here and make fun of Autism, and you should be more in turn to things like that than most.

I wasn't making fun of it.

Maybe Jaded is a better word? 

It wasn't a joke. The issue is that I take Sox baseball too damn seriously. 

This board is a big part of what keeps me ticking and makes life worth living for all of the s%*# I deal with. I didn't realize that until it was gone. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1