2023-24 NFL Season Thread

19 minutes ago, T R U said:

Is Fields out this week, I keep hearing just doubtful but I picked the Raiders in survivor mainly because I thought they were going up against Bagent.

Figure you guys would hear more if your in the Chicago area.

Yes, it sounds like he's for sure out for Sunday and they may not rush him back necessarily.

19 minutes ago, T R U said:

Is Fields out this week, I keep hearing just doubtful but I picked the Raiders in survivor mainly because I thought they were going up against Bagent.

Yea pretty sure confirmed out this game because they sent Bagent for the QB questions to the press 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 9:59 AM, bmags said:

I don't know, the turnovers in the red zone were such a drag.

But i'll do 2010-11 QBs i'd take over Cutler (not explicity in order, just counting):

1. Peyton Manning
  2. Eli Manning (I know I'm complaining about turnovers but no doubt we win in 2010/11 with eli, obvs)
  3. Tom Brady
  4. Philip Rivers
  5. Matt Ryan
  6. Aaron Rodgers
  7. Tony Romo
  8. Drew Brees
  9. Ben Roethlisberger
  10. Joe Flacco
  11. Carson Palmer
  12. Stafford
  13. Schaub

I think this is where Cutler enters with late era Hasselback, Andy Reid era VIck, Cutler, 

2011 is where Newton enters too, so he'd be 14. 

Romo had maybe 3 great years. I wouldn't take Eli over Cutler, but I would take his career. Eli was a frontrunner who did great with talent around him, but he was mediocre during the regular season and never elevated his team unless it was in a Super Bowl. Flacco as well. Palmer had 1 stud season and wasn't the same afterwards. Stafford is very questionable. Schuab was def questionable too. 

3 hours ago, T R U said:

He's not playing, basically 99.9% on that. 

• Like 1

Bears should not be wasting either of their high 1st round picks on a QB.

The last two Bears QBs to start NFC Championship games were Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman.

Every acquisition this offseason should be OL, DL and DB, with maybe a mid-round WR thrown in there.

Was a huge mistake to not go harder after Mike McGlinchey in free agency.

Was a huge mistake to not try to trade for Zach Martin when he was holding out with Dallas.

Was a huge mistake to only draft one OL this year.

Get a better OL and a better defense and you can win with Fields or Bagent.

Those top two picks need to be an OT and edge rusher.

• Thanks 1

Won in the trenches both sides of the ball today.  Is Vegas that bad up front?  Kid QB can see the field, quicker feet than I thought, pocket presence OK, but not as great as I thought, arm strength indicated by Peterman throwing the hail mary to end the first half.  My only question: How would Fields have done with his team controlling the line of scrimmage?

Lets hold off on the beatification for a while.

30 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't thnk Bagent is the long term guy because it doesn't look like he can get the ball down field but he definitely gives you a look at what the offense could look like with a decisive, accurate QB.  

And seems like he'd be a back up you could actually believe can not lose you a game.

What is the deal with Foreman? Every time here plays he looks good. Is he a bad actor or something? How was he a healthy inactive so often?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't thnk Bagent is the long term guy because it doesn't look like he can get the ball down field but he definitely gives you a look at what the offense could look like with a decisive, accurate QB.  

At the very least Bagent is a good back up. I think that for sure. To your point his arm strength may not allow him to be a starter. 

24 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

And seems like he'd be a back up you could actually believe can not lose you a game.

What is the deal with Foreman? Every time here plays he looks good. Is he a bad actor or something? How was he a healthy inactive so often?

Foreman is really good…just an older RB with a limited track record due to his Achilles injury.  I’m guessing the Bears simply wanted to get their young backs the bulk of the playing time and I don’t believe Foreman is much of a special terms contributor.  As such, he was kind of an awkward fit until the injuries arose.

3 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

The last two Bears QBs to start NFC Championship games were Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman.

Every acquisition this offseason should be OL, DL and DB, with maybe a mid-round WR thrown in there.

Was a huge mistake to not try to trade for Zach Martin when he was holding out with Dallas.

Take the QB 1.01.  Beating up a bad Raiders team doesn’t change that.

30 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

At the very least Bagent is a good back up. I think that for sure. To your point his arm strength may not allow him to be a starter. 

It's weird because his combine velocity numbers aren't bad. It could be that his mechanics just don't allow him to throw the ball real far. 

49 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He was pretty awful blocking and doesn’t play special teams

4 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

So just continue on with Bears tradition? We’ve learned NOTHING?

Hard pass. Your statement of “you can win Fields or Bagent” might be true against the Raiders or Panthers, but if the goal is to build a team able to win the Super Bowl every season, we’d all need to see a ton more from Bagent to give us any sense if he was really the guy. 

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

It's weird because his combine velocity numbers aren't bad. It could be that his mechanics just don't allow him to throw the ball real far. 

Tom Brady didn’t start his career having a great arm. And no I am not saying Bagent is going to be Tom Brady.