2023-24 NFL Season Thread

50 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Maybe Green Bay is better than we think and that loss wasnā€™t crazy. What if a team with a qb decides they want to dangle their qb and picks to draft a new one?Ā 

Their offense is good. Their defense was trash all year. Ā 

34 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

So is Fields, but for different reasons

Itā€™s becoming an infatuation for you, may want to talk to someone. For someone who hates Fields, you canā€™t seem to stop talking about him, even when someone doesnā€™t bring him upĀ 

• Like 1

Did anyone see anything about Caleb Williams and the Bears today that was true? I saw some rumors around him wanting them to trade the number one pick. I didnā€™t see anyone reputable report anything so I think itā€™s a non issue and that he will declare tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

Itā€™s becoming an infatuation for you, may want to talk to someone. For someone who hates Fields, you canā€™t seem to stop talking about him, even when someone doesnā€™t bring him upĀ 

I donā€™t hate him, heā€™s an extremely like able and hard working player. But watching a rookie divisional opponent dominate today, and another rookie dominate yesterday, itā€™s more apparent itā€™s time to move on and aim higher than mediocrity from the QB position.Ā 

30 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Did anyone see anything about Caleb Williams and the Bears today that was true? I saw some rumors around him wanting them to trade the number one pick. I didnā€™t see anyone reputable report anything so I think itā€™s a non issue and that he will declare tomorrow.

It's from a Twitter troll.Ā 

I saw so many dumb FB posts about it and people in the comments just ate it up. Had any of those people bothered to Google who the guy was, they wouldn't have said anything.Ā 

The amount of Bears fans who now think Caleb doesn't want to play here or is a diva for saying something like that probably went up by quite a bit from a stupid troll post.Ā 

All because Elon decided Blue checkmarks only cost $8, people just bought it as fact. Social media fucking sucks.Ā 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

I donā€™t hate him, heā€™s an extremely like able and hard working player. But watching a rookie divisional opponent dominate today, and another rookie dominate yesterday, itā€™s more apparent itā€™s time to move on and aim higher than mediocrity from the QB position.Ā 

I don't disagree

14 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's from a Twitter troll.Ā 

I saw so many dumb FB posts about it and people in the comments just ate it up. Had any of those people bothered to Google who the guy was, they wouldn't have said anything.Ā 

The amount of Bears fans who now think Caleb doesn't want to play here or is a diva for saying something like that probably went up by quite a bit from a stupid troll post.Ā 

All because Elon decided Blue checkmarks only cost $8, people just bought it as fact. Social media fucking sucks.Ā 

I heard something about him not declaring for for the draft unless they traded the pick. That doesnā€™t make much sense because he needs to declare if he wants to be drafted. Otherwise he would need to go to the supplemental draft.

I would need to know more about Williamsā€™ character to evaluate him. I just hope he wants to play football and doesnā€™t want to pull an Eli Manning on the Bears.

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I heard something about him not declaring for for the draft unless they traded the pick. That doesnā€™t make much sense because he needs to declare if he wants to be drafted. Otherwise he would need to go to the supplemental draft.

I would need to know more about Williamsā€™ character to evaluate him. I just hope he wants to play football and doesnā€™t want to pull an Eli Manning on the Bears.

The Bears' roster situation is way better than every other team he can go to. Who is he going to throw to in Washington? New England? The Bears roster only has maybe 6 holes on it and they have the draft capital and cap space to easily fill those. It's a playoff team if Caleb is any good. That's a great situation to walk into.Ā 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Bears' roster situation is way better than every other team he can go to. Who is he going to throw to in Washington? New England? The Bears roster only has maybe 6 holes on it and they have the draft capital and cap space to easily fill those. It's a playoff team if Caleb is any good. That's a great situation to walk into.Ā 

If they go Williams, Iā€™m hoping they address the wideout situation and the left tackle.

9 hours ago, Tony said:

Good for the Lions.Ā 

With that win, the Miami Dolphins now take over the longest post season winless drought in the main 4 major american sports. Last win happened in 2000, and even that one was lucky.

Between the White Sox and Dolphins, I have 2005 and thats pretty much the only good thing that has happened in my sports fandom existence.

8 hours ago, The Beast said:

If they go Williams, Iā€™m hoping they address the wideout situation and the left tackle.

My issue is that there are no quality free agent left tackles, teams don't trade quality left tackles, and the two franchise guys in the draft will be off the board by the time the Bears pick at 9.

If they aren't going to use their first pick on a LT, they'd better be trading up with that #9 pick. Otherwise, we have Caleb Williams without a quality LT and this offense looks just like it did under Fields.

You get Alt or Fashanu somehow, you can sell me on Williams at QB, Fields at QB, or even Cousins at QB.

On the bright side, seeing how easily the Packers and Lions moved the ball against playoff teams makes me feel really good about the Bears defense.

11 hours ago, Highland said:

Love is a talented player who put on a great performance, but Dallas was terrible. The only time I see receivers that open is when the Bears defense is on the field. That game was pathetic.

It literally felt like a Bears/Packers game. It had all the same feelings lol.

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

My issue is that there are no quality free agent left tackles, teams don't trade quality left tackles, and the two franchise guys in the draft will be off the board by the time the Bears pick at 9.

If they aren't going to use their first pick on a LT, they'd better be trading up with that #9 pick. Otherwise, we have Caleb Williams without a quality LT and this offense looks just like it did under Fields.

You get Alt or Fashanu somehow, you can sell me on Williams at QB, Fields at QB, or even Cousins at QB.

On the bright side, seeing how easily the Packers and Lions moved the ball against playoff teams makes me feel really good about the Bears defense.

Maybe they could do what Houston did last year, picking Stroud and then trading up to select Anderson.Ā 

20 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Maybe they could do what Houston did last year, picking Stroud and then trading up to select Anderson.Ā 

Iā€™m not really interested in spending multiple picks at this point to move up a few spots. Ā The Bears donā€™t have a lot of picks in this draft and we are in no position to be spending them from this draft or nextĀ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Iā€™m not really interested in spending multiple picks at this point to move up a few spots. Ā The Bears donā€™t have a lot of picks in this draft and we are in no position to be spending them from this draft or nextĀ 

They seem to have few choices. Which is bad for a great organization but perfect for these guys. Less of a chance to fail spectacularly.Ā 

Fields can be saved and I believe a pro bowl level player -- for another team.Ā 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Flash Tizzle said:

100% this. Yesterday was a bad day to be a Bears fan. Teams are out there winning playoff games with rookie quarterbacks and without being surrounded by a ton of weapons on offense. CJ Stroud #1 receiver is Nico Collins. Jordan Love #1 receiver is Romeo Dobbs. DJ Moore is better than both those dudes hands down.Ā 

There is absolutely no way the Bears run Justin Fields out there for another "developmental year". They will not gamble on being in the same exact spot this time next year and without the #1 pick. They passed on CJ Stroud which is looking like a major fail at this point. Let's hope they get it right this year and that Mr. Williams is a stud.Ā 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Sooooooo Caleb Williams still hasn't declared for the draft.Ā  It's hard to think this is anything but bad for the Bears.Ā Ā 

Stroud was the last to declare last season and tweets came out that he accepted a new NIL deal and it meant nothing. Ā