2023-24 NFL Season Thread

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Cowherd already walking it back. Shocked!

Just more sensationalism to get viewers/listeners. Apparently his friend Parkins (?) on a station here helped him with it as he declared it could be the worst thing ever for the bears as they would have the chance at a franchise qb and then be denied that chance. 

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Just more sensationalism to get viewers/listeners. Apparently his friend Parkins (?) on a station here helped him with it as he declared it could be the worst thing ever for the bears as they would have the chance at a franchise qb and then be denied that chance. 

I more blame Shane Riordan (his producer), who has never gotten a story even close to right one time, ever and in general is the worst. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I more blame Shane Riordan (his producer), who has never gotten a story even close to right one time, ever and in general is the worst. 

That guy SUCKS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I didn't hear the actual discussion just heard from other about it being a huge discussion. Parkins is just an ass who likes controversy for its own to raise ratings and truly believes he knows more than people in the industry. 

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Why is he all for it?  Does he love QBs that can’t throw the ball and go 10-28 as a starter for your team?

Sports media sucks and everyone in it sucks.

15 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Why is he all for it?  Does he love QBs that can’t throw the ball and go 10-28 as a starter for your team?

Herb can be a bit, how should I put it, against the grain

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Kliff to Washington isn’t going to quiet the rumors.

I mean if Kliff and Williams are that tight and the Bears wanted Williams, then they would have hired Kliff.

On 2/3/2024 at 3:07 PM, fathom said:

I want the Bears to get Caleb, but this is going to be a big story the next two months.

The Commanders could absolutely put together a package to trade for the #1 if they wanted to. Their 1st this year and their 1st next year.

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The Commanders could absolutely put together a package to trade for the #1 if they wanted to. Their 1st this year and their 1st next year.

If I'm the Bears and I really want Caleb, I'm not trading down unless Washington coughs up #2, next year's first, Payne or Allen, and their 2nd rounder. 

If they want Williams that badly, they gotta pay big time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

If I'm the Bears and I really want Caleb, I'm not trading down unless Washington coughs up #2, next year's first, Payne or Allen, and their 2nd rounder. 

If they want Williams that badly, they gotta pay big time. 

And then if the Pats want Maye, you do the double trade down, take MHJ and then take Bowers/Nabers/Odunze at 9.

Fields becomes loaded with weapons.

Chaos ensues during the draft. Armageddon ensues if it fails.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Quin said:

And then if the Pats want Maye, you do the double trade down, take MHJ and then take Bowers/Nabers/Odunze at 9.

This was the NBCSports Chicago mock from the the other day. This is one hell of a haul.  the #2 pick, 2024 2nd, 2025 1st, and 2026 1st with some other window dressing would set this team up insanely well.

image.png

41 minutes ago, Quin said:

Hope you enjoy the seven angels on their seven trumpets then 'cuz this world is OVA

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

Hope you enjoy the seven angels on their seven trumpets then 'cuz this world is OVA

Lake Michigan's waves crash climb hundreds of feet into the air, swallowing soldier field.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Yes but replace MHJ with Alt.