Ok, let’s start with the hiring of Pedro, I was sort of ok with it. Everyone should be given a chance. I’ve watched the 1st 5 games and I question a few things he’s done. Without getting into great detail, I think some of his lineups are questionable. His use of the bullpen in definitely questionable. Leaving Kopech in there as long as he did is cause for concern. Did he forget that tomorrow is an off day and he could used the bullpen a lot earlier. I’ll be patient the 1st month as long as they end up around.500. Like I said, everyone deserves a chance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Ok, let’s start with the hiring of Pedro, I was sort of ok with it. Everyone should be given a chance. I’ve watched the 1st 5 games and I question a few things he’s done. Without getting into great detail, I think some of his lineups are questionable. His use of the bullpen in definitely questionable. Leaving Kopech in there as long as he did is cause for concern. Did he forget that tomorrow is an off day and he could used the bullpen a lot earlier. I’ll be patient the 1st month as long as they end up around.500. Like I said, everyone deserves a chance. 

It’s just a bad bullpen. No true long reliever, lots of guys who can’t be relied on to pitch consecutive days and no closer at the moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

What an absolute disaster of a home opener. Totally killed any excitement created by yesterdays win and the split in Houston. Now you have to take the next two against SF and then 2 of 3 against Pittsburgh or this thing could spiral. 

How about they sweep Pittsburgh and take the next two against SF? It’s possible.

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Big time stinker.  Same thing as losing 3-2 tho.  Forget about it and go 3-2 rest of the week. 

This is entirely possible.

Just now, LittleHurtCG said:

Not looking much different from the TLR days after 5 games played. 

I'd say the first 4 games the teams played with alot more fire than the TLR days. Today...not so much.  But every team has stinkers.  The half a billion dollar Mets lost 10-0 today.  That's just  baseball.

• Like 1

Can anyone please give me any ray of hope for this season?

I’m from England and have to watch most games at night (1am uk time). 

This year already seems like the last. Bullpen is c**p. Terrible with RISP.

Starting rotation seems to be the strength. Is there much noise about Reyanaldo Lopez starting again? He fits into the number 5 starting pitcher role.

I’d rather see Kopech out of the pen. I don’t think he’s a starting pitcher 

Just my view from this side of the pond

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t invested in any tickets yet for this year. If this is going another .500 team, they will not get any of my money. I will go if invited for free. 😂😂last year I attended about 12 to 14 games. Not sure what the exact number and bought expensive lower bowl seats. Not going to do that this year until I see the product improve.