4/7 Sox @ Pirates 3:12PM CT

1 hour ago, JTB said:

I’m a dick for saying this but JR needs to sell or die soon.  Then get the team sold post haste, fire everyone from Hahn to the A ball bat boy.  Actually, I’d keep Grifol and the new staff just to see what they’ve got.  Hire a new GM, scouts, the works.  Trade everyone but Robert, Cease and Moncada.  Take Cease and and Boris into a room, tell them we’ll give you 5 years here’s a blank contract…fill in the number, any number and it’s yours.  
I know this is a pipe dream, but it’s hard not to hate being a Sox fan with this regime in charge.  Fuuuuuuuuck!

Boris Johnson or Yeltsin?

Boris and Natasha?  Becker?

Just joking.  And Moncada's days are numbered with that contract.  A rebuilding organization doesn't have the budget to carry that line item on the payroll.

“I don’t have concern with the pitching, I really don’t,” Grifol said. “These guys have done it before, they’ve done it for a while now. It’s just one of those stretches. Obviously, there are adjustments to be made, they’re working on it, but concerns? I don’t.”

I'm sorry, Pedro....'one of those stretches'??? It is the first week of the damn season...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I'm sorry, Pedro....'one of those stretches'??? It is the first week of the damn season...

What else can he say? His guys suck and he has no confidence in them? 

Edited by ron883

19 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Boris Johnson or Yeltsin?

Boris and Natasha?  Becker?

Just joking.  And Moncada's days are numbered with that contract.  A rebuilding organization doesn't have the budget to carry that line item on the payroll.

No politics in the Palehose subforum. I hate to do this, but reported. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ron883 said:

How is it even politics when those authoritarian governments don't provide anything more than sham elections and opposition parties are banned lol?

The moderating team must absolutely LOVE you...do they still even respond?

Edited by caulfield12

30 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Don’t agree with this. My post had an autocorrect that I didn’t catch.  Caufield’s post was a little jab at that, which is fine.  I didn’t take it as political in any way.  Although, it did make me re-read my post to catch the error.  🤷🏻‍♂️😂

2 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Giving up too many runs and homers.  Lack of lefty starter and reliever.  Diekman has to be DFA.  Tough to lose when you get 9 runs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Highland said:

We can only hope that the team isn't half as bad as it shown during the past few days. But it's hard to feel good about this pitching staff. It certainly doesn't look like a staff of a division winner or even a .500 team. It's pretty bad when you have to look to Clevinger to turn things around.

Giolito was not only pitching meatballs but let Reynolds, their hottest hitter beat him up.

6 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Pedro’s management style is keep a starter in there and embarrass the hell out him. Everyone yelled at me last year when I wanted an experienced manager. Bochy, Girardi, etc. reminds me when the Bears had to have Tresman, had to have Nagy, before you yell at me maybe these weren’t the right guys but I wanted these “type of guys”.  When you supposedly have a team that should compete is not the time for a rookie. Now I don’t want a  TLR that ready for the old folks home but experienced. 

He is not helped by our bullpen, particularly long relievers.  Diekman has already cost us 2 games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

What else can he say? His guys suck and he has no confidence in them? 

For real, right?

Has there ever been a blaming coach?  Like a guy who goes full priss and just tosses everybody under the bus lol.  

Nobody comes to mind at first thought

9 hours ago, Dan Pasqua said:

Ivan Calderon was a stud for us.  Miss guys like that.

Two of us used to be the only 2 in the right field bleachers with signs for the church of the United calderonists. He was a great guy and used to talk to us between pitches. 

Talk about a time when there was low attendance. They used to close the upper deck and sometimes try to kick the 2 of us out of right field but Ivan would stick up for us. In 88 and 89 I bet they averaged under 15000 a game. 

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

I agree. And I halfway agree with Pedro: starters will get things figured out and be solid/ above average. Until Crochet gets back, don’t like that bullpen.

Thankfully Crochet and Liam should be back by mid May. Can’t get buried before then, tho. Sox need to right the ship, get the next two from Pitt and win the series in Minneapolis. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Thankfully Crochet and Liam should be back by mid May. Can’t get buried before then, tho. Sox need to right the ship, get the next two from Pitt and win the series in Minneapolis. 

Thank you. I agree. I wanted to throw Liam in there too, but didn’t want to sound overly optimistic. I think he will help a ton too. I expect Clevenger to be, at least, solid today, and that is all Sox need to get a win today.