4/28 - Tampa Bay Rays @ Chicago White Sox 6:10 PM CDT, Reinsdorf TV and Berto Radio Network

Cease's fastball is down 1.4 mph from 2022 which would likely be a huge red flag for other teams. Idk if they're going to get as much as they would have this winter. 

I know he didn't start today, but just making a comment for the inevitable teardown. 

Edited by baseballgalaly
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

I really was into the game tonight, the first I listened through the entire broadcast (watched the entire game on Fox last Saturday). They played hard, but that stupid play letting the Rays score ended up being a factor in the final. Pissed they burned Lopez yesterday down 13-2 when Foster and Romy were available for 8 and 9.

Even though long term it's best they lose 110 games this season to force the necessary house clearing of everything, I was cheering for them strong through the last at bat.

Unlike fucking Rick Hahn, I do admit my game threads have been mired in mediocrity. After starting 9-4, I have now lost five straight games between 2021 - 2023. Unlike Rick Hahn, I am resigning from Game Thread duties until at minimum Rick Hahn is gone (hope I can remember this pledge in 2024 and beyond).

Sox fans deserve better than this. I hope the Sox can bring isolated moments of joy for the people still going to games and watching regularly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Grifol thinks the first inning mistake was no one covering second and throwing home was worst case scenario?? Wtf fire this dude good gravy

Upon further review perhaps he was right there. I was thinking there was one out

Edited by FourEyesShottenhoffer

3 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Upon further review perhaps he was right there. I was thinking there was one out

Someone should have covered 2nd, but When he caught it he froze. He should have just run it in. The runner at 1B would have gone back. 

Edited by Dick Allen

55 minutes ago, flavum said:

7-20. There’s that first month Pedro was talking about.

Does Pedro have to wait five years for HoF if he quits tonight. I would love to put a few wage thieves on the IL so we could see some new blood, or maybe mental rehab in the AZL. These entitled inept pukes are not qualified to steal our time and money. Suggestion: we need a tattoo/jewelry reconciliation committee for the Jungle Jim fans here laboring with culture shock syndrome. Before we move on a Sox transaction from the wire: Dr. Phil McGraw has been promoted to team therapist, replacing Dr. Jerry Springer. Just in: US EPA has suspended operation of the Orestes Minoso Memorial Pipeline due to toxic sludge emissions. Exploratory group seeking permits for a new Tijuana Tunnel. 

2 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

They played a lot better tonight. They just didn't win. They got beat in key at-bats when it mattered. 

They lost 3-2 and not 17-1 like we're used to. I hope this is a good sign. 

Lol

Thanks for positivity brother 

We. Have no hope

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

51 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

Cease's fastball is down 1.4 mph from 2022 which would likely be a huge red flag for other teams. Idk if they're going to get as much as they would have this winter. 

I know he didn't start today, but just making a comment for the inevitable teardown. 

C965361D-6994-4084-99FA-0B0F78CE326C.jpeg

However, unlike Lynn for example, Cease has a pattern of his fastball starting low and improving during the season. His fastball is only down 0.6 mph from April 2022, and it’s 0.3 mph from May of 2021. So it is slightly down, but not to the extent the full year number suggests.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

They played a lot better tonight. They just didn't win. They got beat in key at-bats when it mattered. 

They lost 3-2 and not 17-1 like we're used to. I hope this is a good sign. 

Even the 1962 Mets won 40 games !  It’s baseball and they are professionals…they are bound to win once in a while

• Hawk 1

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Time has arrived for Hahn, Kenny and or Grifol to resign or be fired.  Hahn accepted responsibility a couple of days ago for the poor start, so he should follow with a resignation.  Something needs to be done now.

No one is going to be fired at this point in the season

Edited by elrockinMT

Other than poor defense and lack of situational hitting what bothers me the most is the relievers not generally getting the first bitter they face OUT! It seems they must give up the obligatory home run and lose the game 

Boy do the Sox stink. I knew when it was tied with 3-4 innings to go Sox would lose. Although our starter went longer than normal we still couldn't cover the final 3 innings.

Like fathom says, Sox have 3-4 regulars who belong in the minors. Can't win with so many stiffs. Also the defense makes just enough mistakes to cost the team games.

Seven wins a month seems about right which would be 42 wins this season maybe. Strap it up, could be Sox worst season ever.

• Hawk 1

5 hours ago, JTB said:

But we appreciate the fact that we’ve earned your time!  Sincerely.  

I always have time for you guys, it doesn’t put any money in pockets of the White Sox. Plus it’s fun. I can keep up with what’s going on without watching and contributing to the rating.