Any help in the minors

Does anyone know if we have anyone in Charlotte that might be able to hit major league pitching?  Especially infielders?  Romy and Lenyn:  They’ve got cool names and I’m sure they are nice guys, but they can’t hit MLB pitching right now.  And Elvis looks like he forgot how.  I’m hopeful we turn it around but we’re going to need a few more MLB caliber players than what we’ve got right now.  If Jerry Jr can pay Zach Levine $50 M a year to miss the playoffs, why can’t he pay a Shohei $60 or even a Trea Turner $40?

• Hawk 1

30 minutes ago, Claudellsleptheretoo said:

Is Leury Garcia still available?  Should I see the doctor if I yearn for his return even momentarily

Welcome to Soxtalk.

While Leury likely can no longer hit ML pitching consistently, he would provide value being able to cover multiple positions infield and outfield positions adequately defensively as a reserve player. He is much more valuable than Romy who can neither hit or field at the ML level.

It’s doubtful Leury would return even if asked, as he is being paid $5.5M each of the next two seasons to stay home after he was hastily DFA’d with little to no reserve depth in the organization.

Haseley can play all three of the OF positions and hopefully will remain up to help the pitching staff prevent 4-5 out innings due to sloppy play.

Washington Slept Here (1980). Best Sox banner ever when RF was turned into a sandy swamp after Disco Demolition and concerts and Claudell did not want to run in that crud. He waited until the ball stopped rolling and picked it up. The OF had bad drainage during that era. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Welcome to Soxtalk.

While Leury likely can no longer hit ML pitching consistently, he would provide value being able to cover multiple positions infield and outfield positions adequately defensively as a reserve player. He is much more valuable than Romy who can neither hit or field at the ML level.

It’s doubtful Leury would return even if asked, as he is being paid $5.5M each of the next two seasons to stay home after he was hastily DFA’d with little to no reserve depth in the organization.

Haseley can play all three of the OF positions and hopefully will remain up to help the pitching staff prevent 4-5 out innings due to sloppy play.

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2021/10/23/22731117/2021-report-card-adam-haseley

Cohen:  "Is it time for the White Sox to shake things up and promote multiple Knights’ players? I make the case for Victor Reyes, Zach Remillard and Sammy Peralta."       Yes?

PUKE!!!

Edited by caulfield12

11 hours ago, Claudellsleptheretoo said:

Is Leury Garcia still available?  Should I see the doctor if I yearn for his return even momentarily

He’s available for a prorated league minimum!

16 hours ago, Claudellsleptheretoo said:

Does anyone know if we have anyone in Charlotte that might be able to hit major league pitching?  Especially infielders?  Romy and Lenyn:  They’ve got cool names and I’m sure they are nice guys, but they can’t hit MLB pitching right now.  And Elvis looks like he forgot how.  I’m hopeful we turn it around but we’re going to need a few more MLB caliber players than what we’ve got right now.  If Jerry Jr can pay Zach Levine $50 M a year to miss the playoffs, why can’t he pay a Shohei $60 or even a Trea Turner $40?

Adam Devine No GIF

With Moncada on the IL and Colas back in the Minors, this lineup is once again void of left handed power. Grandal and Sheets are the only options and that is pretty underwhelming. We all knew that this roster was poorly constructed, but it looks even worse than many of us thought.

• Like 2

Just now, Lillian said:

With Moncada on the IL and Colas back in the Minors, this lineup is once again void of left handed power. Grandal and Sheets are the only options and that is pretty underwhelming. We all knew that this roster was poorly constructed, but it looks even worse than many of us thought.

They were void of left-handed power with Colas here.

I will answer this question about any if there is any help in the minors this way. I will only concentrate on AAA Charlotte, as its usually pretty rare to bring up someone up from lower than AAA.

There are 20 teams that play in the AAA International league which has 10 teams each in two divisions. 

Hitting: In 28 games

BA - .239 18th

OBP - .330 -18th

SLG - .377 - 18th

OPS - .707 -19th

Runs - 3.89/game -19th

HR's - 22 - 19th

Pitching:

ERA - 6.27 - 20th

WHIP - 1.71 - 20th

Again as its been mentioned in this forum at nauseum, this is all about the genius GM Rick Hahn and his FO staff. From all of Rick's executives, scouts, managers, coaches and their overall manner and in how ineffectively this White Sox organization drafts and develops players. Hence why the White Sox have the 26th ranked farm system. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I will answer this question about any if there is any help in the minors this way. I will only concentrate on AAA Charlotte, as its usually pretty rare to bring up someone up from lower than AAA.

There are 20 teams that play in the AAA International league which has 10 teams each in two divisions. 

Hitting: In 28 games

BA - .239 18th

OBP - .330 -18th

SLG - .377 - 18th

OPS - .707 -19th

Runs - 3.89/game -19th

HR's - 22 - 19th

Pitching:

ERA - 6.27 - 20th

WHIP - 1.71 - 20th

Again as its been mentioned in this forum at nauseum, this is all about the genius GM Rick Hahn and his FO staff. From all of Rick's executives, scouts, managers, coaches and their overall manner and in how ineffectively this White Sox organization drafts and develops players. Hence why the White Sox have the 26th ranked farm system. 

The organization does do one thing well...that's pick up every has been, cast off, retread and never was for "minor league depth" LOL. Except those guys usually make their way up to the big club when the injuries hit.

Like the Dramatics sang in 1971, "Whatcha see is whatcha get..."

• Love 1