GQ: Tim Anderson Is Tired of Being the Most Misunderstood Man in Baseball

caulfield12

Robert Junior and Zavala are the two very good / excellent defenders on the entire team. Everyone else is far below average across MLB, with Grandal, Vaughn. Burger, Anderson and Eloy in the bottom ten, and Andrus (2B), Shields and Colas just outside the bottom ten solely because they didn't play enough games.

White Sox Positional Defense Runs Saved (all players):

• Catcher (87 Total Players): Zavala (7th); Grandal (81st).
  • First Base (70): Vaughn (63rd).
  • Second Base (87): Gonzalez (70th); Andrus (73rd); Sosa (81st).
  • Third Base (82): Moncada (39th); Burger (76th).
  • Shortstop (69): Andrus (54th); Anderson (67th).
  • Left Field (91): Benintendi (80th).
  • Center Field (79): Robert (5th).
  • Right Field (87): Colas (68th); Sheets (76th); Eloy (78th).

Note: Eloy is grouped with DH because that is his primary position this year. His rank reflects where he would appear if listed as RF, his lone 2023 defensive position.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2023 at 9:14 AM, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

The level of delusion of this man is straight up clinical

He wants unconditional love. And there are those people out there that fall in love with players and don’t care to look critically. But again, most fans love  the laundry, the names come and go. Tim Anderson misunderstands sports fans.

• Like 2

There is absolutely no way that TA's off field issues aren't the main reason for his on field performance. Those of you who are married know exactly what I am talking about. I am kinda shocked his wife hasn't filed for divorce yet but she is probably been told to wait until after he is traded and signs a new contract. 

He is the typical Narcissist in that he doesn't put the entire blame on himself for his insanely bad choices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2023 at 10:06 PM, Chick Mercedes said:

He wants unconditional love. And there are those people out there that fall in love with players and don’t care to look critically. But again, most fans love  the laundry, the names come and go. Tim Anderson misunderstands sports fans.

We are supposed to be committed to him more than he is committed to his wife. Sorry TA, being a fan of a player isn't unconditional love. He hasn't got any of the blowback Tiger Wopds got for cheating on his wife, and Tiger didn't get anyone else pregnant.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

There is absolutely no way that TA's off field issues aren't the main reason for his on field performance. Those of you who are married know exactly what I am talking about. I am kinda shocked his wife hasn't filed for divorce yet but she is probably been told to wait until after he is traded and signs a new contract. 

He is the typical Narcissist in that he doesn't put the entire blame on himself for his insanely bad choices.

I love coming to SoxTalk and getting free legal analysis.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

We are supposed to be committed to him more than he is committed to his wife. Sorry TA, being a fan of a player isn't unconditional love. He hasn't got any of the blowback Tiger Wopds got for cheating on his wife, and Tiger didn't get anyone else pregnant.

Don’t encourage Tim to start looking into busty Perkins’ waitresses.

On 6/27/2023 at 10:06 PM, Chick Mercedes said:

You're right TA wants unconditional love. However unconditional love only is afforded our kids, spouses and dogs who give us back unconditional love. I'm sorry though, it's not for players who are having their worst season ever and doing it with a delusional and negative attitude

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Well Oakland started one guy with a 7.79 ERA and another who is a career 5 ERA guy.

I mean, sure, but that hasn’t stopped him previously from looking like a fool at the plate. Was genuinely wondering if his approach looked any better.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

IMG_20230705_210431.jpg

For those who can't read the fine print it says "not too many, f*#k the rest of em." Just curious if anyone is still defending this clown. 

I know there was one administrator here that attacked a lot of people when they failed to admire Anderson.  He’s been silent for a while.

11 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

IMG_20230705_210431.jpg

For those who can't read the fine print it says "not too many, f*#k the rest of em." Just curious if anyone is still defending this clown. 

Dear god why are we actively looking for more things to be mad about? He’s always had this type of social media presence, even when he was winning batting titles.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

Dear god why are we actively looking for more things to be mad about? He’s always had this type of social media presence, even when he was winning batting titles.

Who said anyone was actively looking? This was all over social media yesterday. And yeah when the "face of the franchise" is telling people/fans who are upset he's turned into a garbage player to f off, I think it's worth noting. When you thrust yourself into the public eye people will take notice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Who said anyone was actively looking? This was all over social media yesterday. And yeah when the "face of the franchise" is telling people/fans who are upset he's turned into a garbage player to f off, I think it's worth noting. When you thrust yourself into the public eye people will take notice. 

I miss the days when we had the leadership of Paul Konerko, Thome, Dye, etc. Even when Anderson was going good I could tell he wasn't a leader. He needs someone to keep him in check, sadly he's never had that person on this team. His head is too big and he doesn't know how to handle criticism. Not a good combination for someone who is allegedly the "face of the franchise" at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

He is like a 14 year old girl.

it works pretty well if you sing the first part as the whiney voice in taking back sunday and the second part as the screamo voice in taking back sunday.

• Like 1