Is Stone doing just home games now?

xygfrie

11 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Stone is still good when he wants to be, but honestly I wouldn’t mind if he hung them up.  Except we would get someone like Beckham or worse as a replacement. 

Please no Beckham as the replacement. The day Beckham does full time color in the TV booth, I will listen to the radio or turn the volume off. He is absolutely the worst and for now I'm fine with Steve Stone. If anything, I would like Benetti replaced, because he has become quite annoying also. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Please no Beckham as the replacement. The day Beckham does full time color in the TV booth, I will listen to the radio or turn the volume off. He is absolutely the worst and for now I'm fine with Steve Stone. If anything, I would like Benetti replaced, because he has become quite annoying also. 

I’ve muted Hawk and Jason when over the air broadcasts were a thing, either played radio audio or music. 

I liked Hawk’s support of the White Sox players, and both seem to be nice people, but I couldn’t adapt to their broadcasts (Hawk’s incessant whining over umpiring and Jason’s buffoonery and shouting on calls like it’s a Human Cockfighting or Wrestling Death / Cage Match).

Stone is a good analyst, and it’s good he dropped the Twitter trolling of fans, who have enough pain and suffering supporting this team.

I’ve always enjoyed the Sox radio teams over the years, and also Vin Scully, Ernie Harwell and Harry Kallas over terrestrial or MLB.com radio feeds.

Harry and Jimmy were my favorite pairing, the best mix of honesty and entertainment.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I’ve muted Hawk and Jason when over the air broadcasts were a thing, either played radio audio or music. 

I liked Hawk’s support of the White Sox players, and both seem to be nice people, but I couldn’t adapt to their broadcasts (Hawk’s incessant whining over umpiring and Jason’s buffoonery and shouting on calls like it’s a Human Cockfighting or Wrestling Death / Cage Match).

Stone is a good analyst, and it’s good he dropped the Twitter trolling of fans, who have enough pain and suffering supporting this team.

I’ve always enjoyed the Sox radio teams over the years, and also Vin Scully, Ernie Harwell and Harry Kallas over terrestrial or MLB.com radio feeds.

Harry and Jimmy were my favorite pairing, the best mix of honesty and entertainment.

Really miss Rooney and Wayne Hagin...probably my favourite radio pairing of all time.

I think the worst possible combination to drive away fans would be Chris Rongey and Beckham.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Beckham has actually gotten better. He's tolerable to listen to. I remember Jason being good when the Sox were good in 2020 and 2021. When the Sox aren't going well that's when he's a bit tough to listen to. Stony is the best out of all of them. He's a great analyst.

Be careful what you wish for. There is plenty, plenty worse out there. We have it pretty good on the Southside at the moment relatively speaking.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I think Beckham has actually gotten better. He's tolerable to listen to. I remember Jason being good when the Sox were good in 2020 and 2021. When the Sox aren't going well that's when he's a bit tough to listen to. Stony is the best out of all of them. He's a great analyst.

Be careful what you wish for. There is plenty, plenty worse out there. We have it pretty good on the Southside at the moment relatively speaking.

Yup. Personally I'm a Benetti fan, but I get that his schtick isn't for everyone. The odds of his replacement being really bland and/or having no personality are pretty dang high, though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Beckham is not qualified. They just gave him the gig and he babbles all the time. Pods would be much better going forward. He has a great persona and is circumspect.

Edited by pcq
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, pcq said:

Beckham is not qualified. They just gave hims the gig and he babbles all the time. Pods would be much better going forward. He has a great persona and is circumspect, much better.

I've never seen a guy babble more in the booth. It's painful to listen to.

I do like Scotty Pods as an option. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, pcq said:

Beckham is not qualified. They just gave him the gig and he babbles all the time. Pods would be much better going forward. He has a great persona and is circumspect.

Now I think Pods would be a great analyst. I very much enjoy listening to him.

• Like 1

AJ is the only interesting ex-Sox I'd be interested in hearing during a broadcast, Carl Everett would be a good guest fill-in for a few games / weeks a year.

I don't see AJ wanting to deal with a grind of a full season unless he was offered a managerial job, possibly a bench coach with a managerial job lineup up within a few years.

• Like 1