GameThread: White Sox @ Twins

Kyyle23

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Agreed. There’s no point at this point in the season

I assume they will plug him in at SS if they trade Anderson, but like you said what's the point of that? Elvis doesn't even play decent defense anymore.

Edited by wegner

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Pedro made sure that Lynn got his 100 pitches in.
That was smart; that is good.

"Oh yeah, he will go deep in the game for you...save your bullpen. What do you mean, you're looking to win those games?"

image.jpeg

• Haha 6

Really Burger? Four strikeouts? That proves nobody on this team gives a bleep. One of the worst 'teams' I've seen. ... This team is hopeless. It is not a contender. Blow it up now. It is just not going to wake up and contend. Geez front office, quit dreaming of a miracle. Trade!

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

Really Burger? Four strikeouts? That proves nobody on this team gives a bleep. One of the worst 'teams' I've seen. ... This team is hopeless. It is not a contender. Blow it up now. It is just not going to wake up and contend. Geez front office, quit dreaming of a miracle. Trade!

Where is Burger's wife/hitting coach?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Where is Burger's wife/hitting coach?

Sheets as well.

They were the one who pioneered the use of that pitch recognition machine...iPitch or iDrive or something very similar sounding.

Connor McKnight on postgame came across like he was describing Dave Kingman-Pete Incaviglia/Burger in the postgame..."but he generates so much power and excitement when he hits the ball."

WHEN being the key part of that sentence.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Sheets as well.

They were the one who pioneered the use of that pitch recognition machine...iPitch or iDrive or something very similar sounding.

Connor McKnight on postgame came across like he was describing Dave Kingman-Pete Incaviglia/Burger in the postgame..."but he generates so much power and excitement when he hits the ball."

WHEN being the key part of that sentence.

When was Sheet’s last homer? 
Why did Colas sit again, something tells me management isn’t happy with him, I use the word management loosely.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

12 hours ago, fathom said:

Just illustrates how bad the minor league pitching is.  Seemingly every day, I look at the completed box scores and just shake my head at how terrible it is.

Yep, Charlotte just lost again 12-9. The Sox minor league pitching doesn't illustrate it's bad....it's illustrates it's downright horrible at all four Sox minor league teams:

ERA

Charlotte            6.31  20th of 20 teams

Birmingham       5.36  7th of 8 teams

Winston-Salem  5.44 11th of 12 teams

Kann.                   4.40  8th of 12 teams

Overall team ERA across all four minor teams is 5.61

Thank you Rick Hahn along with your wonderful scouting, drafting and player development coaching in the farm system. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, wegner said:

I assume they will plug him in at SS if they trade Anderson, but like you said what's the point of that? Elvis doesn't even play decent defense anymore.

Elvis has left the building. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Sheets really sucks and is not worth a roster spot.

Suckage is pretty much endemic to the Sox right now from the minors up.

But… have you ever played on a losing team? It’s tough and the blame games just tear a team apart, not to mention focus suffers. Well, I present the 2023 White Sox. They play like losers. They are managed like losers. No confidence in really anything - themselves, teammates, or management.

Case in point, because of pregame decisions to put Remy in RF and Elvis at 2B cost, by my count, 6 runs, and the plays they made were just bad. Maybe Lynn gives up runs elsewhere but after Elvis dropped that throw, can you see why Lynn would lose his focus a little?

Losing like this just makes evaluating players impossible. And also a reason why so many players seemed to have regressed this year.

So, yeah, a lot of players just suck this year. Has to go deeper than just bad players.

41 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Yep, Charlotte just lost again 12-9. The Sox minor league pitching doesn't illustrate it's bad....it's illustrates it's downright horrible at all four Sox minor league teams:

ERA

Charlotte            6.31  20th of 20 teams

Birmingham       5.36  7th of 8 teams

Winston-Salem  5.44 11th of 12 teams

Kann.                   4.40  8th of 12 teams

Overall team ERA across all four minor teams is 5.61

Thank you Rick Hahn along with your wonderful scouting, drafting and player development coaching in the farm system. 

Downright embarrassing but blame not only Hahn but JR who doesn’t want to spend money on potential. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

When was Sheet’s last homer? 
Why did Colas sit again, something tells me management isn’t happy with him, I use the word management loosely.

His last HR was June 16. He has 1 home run over the last 2 months.

For any other franchise I would say that the org should be unhappy with Colas, his approach at the plate is terrible. But it’s also the approach the White Sox seem to want.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

His last HR was June 16. He has 1 home run over the last 2 months.

For any other franchise I would say that the org should be unhappy with Colas, his approach at the plate is terrible. But it’s also the approach the White Sox seem to want.

Oscar Colas turns 25 in September. The dude isn't very good at baseball and will be out of the league soon enough.