Giolito & Reynaldo to LAA. Update: Angels put on waivers

Sleepy Harold

4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Isn't there a union rep on every team at all times?

So he's going to get rid of everyone who ever serves in that capacity?

No, but Jerry is not going to want someone back who pissed him off during the two (2020 and 2021-2022) owner lockouts to the point he ordered Hahn to play arbitration hardball over a rounding error ($50K).

They are not competing and have no intentions of extending him (and the QO is a non factor after his trade) so there is no point.

30 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

A lot of hits and a lot of walks; those numbers aren't all that sporty.

There isn’t a stiff on the current roster who can sniff ReyLo’s FIP while in LA. As long as you aren’t giving up runs, I don’t care about the hits and walks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Might as well claim Gio and give him a proper send off. But I think a wild card team will claim him and give him a shot. He pitched well literally his last start. 

He would be less than thrilled being picked up by a team out of contention, I’m sure 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I have no idea why anyone would actually suggest claiming anyone that is an impending FA makes a sliver of sense for this Sox. 

Have you watched the Sox bullpen. 

Lopez would be a welcome addition even for a month. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I’m good moving on from him for good.  The stuff has definitely declined.

100%

Something wrong with that dude, either mechanics (which his OG highschool coach couldn't even fix), or his stuff has permanently deteriorated 

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

Goodness, did anyone notice how well Lopez pitched for LAA? I really don't understand that organization, unless its strictly CBT threshold BS.

RL.png

He has a 1.457 WHIP, clearly some numbers have just gone temporarily haywire with him. Basically everything he is throwing is either a strikeout a hit or a walk. 

• Like 1