Fegan on Score @1225 pm to discuss Sox remaining moves

caulfield12

26 minutes ago, pcq said:

Robert for a bunch of nobodies who might become superstars. If they have to trade Robert they might as well move to Quad Cities.

I knew there was a Quad Cities insult coming…maybe narrow it down to Davenport Rock Island or Moline.

If you try to do an Illinois insult city, it’s either Rockford or Peoria.

I listened to Fegan’s interview to the extent that I could at work and got the following from it:

- Sox aren’t done, they could still deal Middleton since he’s on an expiring deal.

- He would be surprised if the core (Jimenez, Anderson and Cease) were traded. The Sox are in the unique spot where there aren’t many sellers who get value for expected performance from players. You could get as much for Cease now if he was performing at Cy Young levels next year. He doesn’t think they will deal him given their rotation next year.

- Other teams see Kopech like a reliever, but the Sox need him as a starter.

- Contending in 2024 is not realistic with where they are at with AA players, lack of talent at AAA, not doling out large contracts to free agents. 

- After the deadline there needs to be a clear message sent on the direction of the team.

- He has not heard anything that there will be accountability for the direction of the team within the front office and does not get the sense that anyone else outside of the leadership structure in place that is pulling the strings.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Dan Pasqua said:

I'm more concerned with the organization having no material pitching ANYFREAKINGWHERE.  As well, who was the last pitcher we drafted and had come up thru the system?  

Carlos Rodon from the 2014 draft and Chris Sale from the 2010 draft. 

You should be concerned about Sox pitching because the huge problem is this front office is piss poor at scouting, evaluating and drafting pitchers. Even worse, once drafted the Sox player development is horrendous at developing the pitchers into major league productive pitchers. This is why the AAA Knights have the worst ERA of 20 teams at 6.48 and the AA Barons are last of 8 teams with a 5.65 ERA.

Keep in mind, even when the Sox have brought a few pitchers up from the farm system that are productive at the ML level, they were actually pitchers drafted by another organization such as Cease, Giolito, Dunning, Lopez to name a few. 

Until we fire the entire front office from the top to the bottom and go to the outside of a successful org that knows how to draft and develop pitchers, we will be living in this " embarrassing "lack of talent" nightmare for many years to come.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

46 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You should be concerned about Sox pitching because the huge problem is this front office is piss poor at scouting, evaluating and drafting pitchers. Even worst, once drafted the Sox player development is horrendous at developing the pitchers into major league productive pitchers. This is why the AAA Knights have the worst ERA of 20 teams at 6.48 and the AA Barons are last of 8 teams with a 5.65 ERA.

Keep in mind, even when the Sox have brought a few pitchers up from the farm system that are productive at the ML level, they were actually pitchers drafted by another organization such as Cease, Giolito, Dunning, Lopez to name a few. 

Until we fire the entire front office from the top to the bottom and go to the outside of a successful org that knows how to draft and develop pitchers, we will be living in this " embarrassing "lack of talent" nightmare for many years to come.

100% correct!!!!

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Agreed.  4 more seasons of control is alot.  Sox aren't punting the next half decade, even though it seems like 75% of this board wants to. 

If you're realistic about their chances, they already have. 

The Sox aren't winning anything for the remainder of Robert's contract. 

IF everything goes right they MIGHT be able to compete the last year of his deal. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

I knew there was a Quad Cities insult coming…maybe narrow it down to Davenport Rock Island or Moline.

If you try to do an Illinois insult city, it’s either Rockford or Peoria.

lol apparently Bettendorf doesn't get any respect!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

I listened to Fegan’s interview to the extent that I could at work and got the following from it:

- Sox aren’t done, they could still deal Middleton since he’s on an expiring deal.

- He would be surprised if the core (Jimenez, Anderson and Cease) were traded. The Sox are in the unique spot where there aren’t many sellers who get value for expected performance from players. You could get as much for Cease now if he was performing at Cy Young levels next year. He doesn’t think they will deal him given their rotation next year.

What a core.  If they still consider Anderson and Eloy part of their core they are never going to win anything.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

- Contending in 2024 is not realistic with where they are at with AA players, lack of talent at AAA, not doling out large contracts to free agents. 

These two statements are at odds with each other. No, we won't compete in '24 so lets keep Cease for no reason whatsoever and not trade him in a massive seller's market for a haul now

Edited by Sockin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You should be concerned about Sox pitching because the huge problem is this front office is piss poor at scouting, evaluating and drafting pitchers. Even worse, once drafted the Sox player development is horrendous at developing the pitchers into major league productive pitchers. This is why the AAA Knights have the worst ERA of 20 teams at 6.48 and the AA Barons are last of 8 teams with a 5.65 ERA.

Chicago White Sox 2023 Organization Records through July 30:

• -21 Chicago White Sox
  • -23 Charlotte Knights
  • -29 Birmingham Barons
  • -2 Winston-Salem Dash
  • + 7 Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
  • -9 ACL White Sox
  • -3 DSL White Sox
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Agreed.  4 more seasons of control is alot.  Sox aren't punting the next half decade, even though it seems like 75% of this board wants to. 

0% of the board wants to punt the next 4 years. That’s what you have always failed to understand in your blind optimism of the White Sox. 

We just have no confidence this front office can put together anything that would be considered a “consistent contender” because…there is no history to tell us they can. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3

3 hours ago, baseballgalaly said:

If you're realistic about their chances, they already have. 

The Sox aren't winning anything for the remainder of Robert's contract. 

IF everything goes right they MIGHT be able to compete the last year of his deal. 

There is just no possible way you know that. A ton can change between now and Opening Day 2025, when Robert still has three full season of control. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

There is just no possible way you know that. A ton can change between now and Opening Day 2025, when Robert still has three full season of control. 

The most significant change will come when JR is gone and new ownership arrives although no one knows when that will happen so Tony does have a valid point.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, T R U said:

You guys that want to hang onto Robert while this team sucks baffle me. Why? What's the point? I don't think they would trade him, but if they got their socks blown off by an offer why would it be a hard no?

Will this team contend for a championship in 2024? Not a chance.

Will they contend for a championship in 2025? Highly unlikely.

What about 2026? Probably not, maybe. At this point in time we have Robert for one more season, and if he continues to get better you can kiss his ass goodbye as he wont be getting a 350+ million dollar contract to play here.

Cause we should keep Robert and Burger, two guys who appear like they belong in the bigs and could be consistent HR bombers for a long time. Eloy I'd dump cause of the injuries. Timmy? I think I'd prefer keeping him. Go with Robert, Burger and Timmy and maybe Vaughn and see what you can figure out after that. You are right though. I could see a GM trading Burger for say, 3 great prospects. Can't miss prospects. I prefer we keep a couple guys tho.