8/3 Sox @ Rangers, 1PM, NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

3 against the Rockies, 4 against the A's, 6 against the Royals, 3 against the Nationals.

Unfortunately, we will win at least one more game.

Hey, at least some of those teams are trying.  Witt Jr. on fire for the Royals.  I predict 6-10 against those teams. (Which admittedly, is more than 1.)

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

And that starting pitcher has some massive red flags right now 

Yep, I said elsewhere but I would 100% have preferred Verlander with the Mets paying down a good portion of his contract to Cease.  If Cease's stuff deteriorates further next year I'm not even convinced he will be a solid starter with his command.

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Listen, I am not going to say you're wrong because I hope you're right but Kim Ng referencing her working and personal relationship when talking about dealing with the White Sox isn't enough to get me to believe Hahn is out.

Also didn't one of those James guys address the situation right before the deadline and said the idea that KW is secretly pulling all the strings now was nonsense?

I said I have a sliver of hope this is true (not saying it's a done deal, just a hope/suspicion).  She said she closed the deal with Kenny Williams during her radio interview.

"We had a handful of deals that we thought were there, or close to being there, but we really felt we had to get one locked in. So at that point we decided to go with Mr. Burger. Called Kenny Williams, got that one done, in the books.... I have a pretty good relationship with Kenny."

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Another obnoxious trait of this team....how many times have they only scored in 1 inning and been shut out the other 8? 2 in a row in Texas for that column.

The Sox have scored in 0 or 1 innings in 34% of their ballgames, and 0 - 2 innings in 57% of their games.

White Sox Record Scoring In Regulation (Extra Innings not considered, but results are)

• 0-10 Zero Innings 9%
  • 5-22 One Inning 24%
  • 9-17 Two Innings 24%
  • 17-13 Three Innings 27%
  • 9-4 Four Innings 12%
  • 1-1 Five Innings 2%
  • 2-0 Six Innings 2%
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Texas drew 29,804 in a mid-week day game with fans having to go out in 104F weather to get there.

I don't see the Sox drawing that many in any remaining game, with the Yankees a weeknight series. Would say a big influx of fans from Milwaukee is their best chance to break the 30K threshold.

• Fire 1

14 K's and only 2 walks. 

30th in Walks

30th in OBP

#2 in 0 Swing %, just barely though. By the end of the year they will be the worst. 

43-67 .391 and on target to either lose 98 games .395 or 99 games .389. 100 is very realistic.

White Sox most losses is for 162 game season is 1970 with 56-106. 2nd is 2018 62-100. 

Thanks Jerry and Rick for making 2023 a fun summer of baseball.