Who Are we Cheering For?

Texsox

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Owner? No, we want him to sell

Front Office? No, we want them fired

Manager? No, we want him gone

Players? No, most suck with a don't care attitude.

Uniforms? I guess so. 

Im from "Chicago", uniforms also though.

13 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Anyone to beat the Cubs. The Sox have enough issues without them getting into the playoffs. 

Like many here on SoxTalk, Jerry hates the Cubs more than he likes the Sox. The two significant changes in the organization came after Jerry’s reaction to the Cubs’ best two playoff runs.

• 2003 - Cubs come to within a few outs of a World Series. Jerry responds by firing his “winning manager” and picks Ozzie over Kenny’s choice Cito Gaston.
  • 2016 - Cubs win the World Series. Jerry is done with mediocrity and fully embraces Hahn’s plan of several more years of excuses, tanking and bottom feeding. Beyond Aug 2020 - June 2021, this is where the Sox have been and remain today.

If it takes a Cubs third run for a complete overhaul of the entire organization, I’m all for it. 

• Fire 1

33 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Owner? No, we want him to sell

Front Office? No, we want them fired

Manager? No, we want him gone

Players? No, most suck with a don't care attitude.

Uniforms? I guess so. 

As a kid I used to cheer for the uniform.

As a more informed adult I generally want to like (or at least not dislike) the guys I’ve decided to root for.

Almost impossible for me with this team now that Burger and Giolito are gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Like many here on SoxTalk, Jerry hates the Cubs more than he likes the Sox. The two significant changes in the organization came after Jerry’s reaction to the Cubs’ best two playoff runs.

• 2003 - Cubs come to within a few outs of a World Series. Jerry responds by firing his “winning manager” and picks Ozzie over Kenny’s choice Cito Gaston.
  • 2016 - Cubs win the World Series. Jerry is done with mediocrity and fully embraces Hahn’s plan of several more years of excuses, tanking and bottom feeding. Beyond Aug 2020 - June 2021, this is where the Sox have been and remain today.

If it takes a Cubs third run for a complete overhaul of the entire organization, I’m all for it. 

Wow, if that is true, which I have no reason not to believe, then the Cubs going far in the playoffs and Jerry having to watch all the news on TV, Radio and Newspapers about the Cubs...knowing that would seriously piss him off...then I would be so rooting for the Cubs.

I wonder when Jerry made the comments, that when he attends the owner meetings, he thought some of them were so dumb and couldn't believe they ever were successful enough to buy a team, I wonder if Tom Ricketts was one of them. LOL! I could see where that would bother Jerry if the Cubs won it all again before the Sox.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

3rd-worst record in baseball to get even odds at the top draft pick.

it's the same system as the NHL right? lottery for the worst teams, prevents intentional tanking, at least that's the reasoning

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

The Brewers I suppose. And hate watching the cubs. I'm so dejected. I'm thinking about skipping the opener next season which I've only missed once since 1992. Maybe the brew crew can win me over. 

Don't worry it'll be snowed out.

• Like 1

I still want to see Robert, Cease, TA do well.  Cease and TA more to increase their value for potential off season trades.  Since Toussaint is most likely part of the 2024 rotation, I'd like to see him do well.

Otherwise, I want to see the best prospects continue to improve and give us a glimmer of hope for the future.

As far as other teams, I've always sort of liked the Rays.  Their old school Devil Rays gear is awesome.  I'll follow the Marlins a bit now and keep an eye on Burger.  I hope he does well there.  My son and I are going to the Brewers game tomorrow, when they are playing the Pirates.  I like both teams; the Brewers because they're a pretty good team, and the Pirates because I grew up a Pirates fan.

And most of all, I'm rooting for damn football season to start to distract me from this embarrassment of a season.

• Like 1