Keynan Middleton rips White Sox 'no rules' culture

maxjusttyped

[Harris] Lance Lynn said he saw Keynan Middleton’s comments about the White Sox’s culture problems His take: “I was there a lot longer than Key was. He’s not wrong.”

Also-Mike Tyson named new Sox coach.

1 minute ago, pcq said:

[Harris] Lance Lynn said he saw Keynan Middleton’s comments about the White Sox’s culture problems His take: “I was there a lot longer than Key was. He’s not wrong.”

Also-Mike Tyson named new Sox coach.

TheSieve30 testing out his new material has made everyone a comedian I see

• Haha 1

Some Chat GPT levity...

Spoiler

Title: Unraveling Secrets

INT. LIVING ROOM - EVENING

Tim Anderson's wife, LISA, sits on the couch, anxiously fidgeting with her hands. The doorbell rings, and she takes a deep breath before answering it. Standing before her is EMMA, Tim Anderson's mistress.

LISA: (forcing a smile) Emma... come in.

Emma hesitates for a moment but enters the living room.

EMMA: (nervous) Thanks for inviting me, Lisa. I know this isn't easy for you.

LISA: (with a sigh) No, it's not. But I need to know what happened between Tim and Jose Ramirez. He's been distant lately, and I fear there's more going on than he's telling me.

EMMA: (uneasy) Well, Lisa, there was a fight.

LISA: (concerned) A fight? Was it physical?

EMMA: No, not physical. It was verbal, but it got pretty heated. They had a huge argument about their careers and some personal issues.

LISA: (frustrated) I don't understand why Tim would get so worked up. He's usually level-headed.

EMMA: (hesitant) Lisa, I think it's more than just the fight with Ramirez. There's something else bothering him, and I think I might be part of the reason.

LISA: (shocked) What do you mean?

EMMA: (guilty) Tim and I have been having an affair.

Lisa's eyes widen, and she struggles to hold back tears.

LISA: (heartbroken) I can't believe this... How could he do this to me?

EMMA: (apologetic) I'm so sorry, Lisa. I never meant for this to happen. It just... developed over time.

LISA: (angry) Developed?! You knew he was married!

EMMA: I know, and I should have stopped it, but our connection was undeniable.

LISA: (trying to compose herself) Do you love him?

EMMA: (hesitant) I... I care about him, but I know he loves you. This whole situation is tearing him apart.

LISA: (teary-eyed) I don't know what to do. I love him too, but I can't condone what he's done.

EMMA: I understand, Lisa. It's a complicated mess, and I never wanted to hurt anyone.

LISA: (taking a deep breath) I need some time to process all of this. Thank you for being honest with me, Emma. It couldn't have been easy.

EMMA: I owed it to you to be honest. Please know that I never wanted to cause you pain.

LISA: (looking at Emma) I believe you. But I need some time alone now.

Emma nods understandingly, and with a heavy heart, she leaves the house.

INT. LIVING ROOM - LATER

Lisa sits on the couch, lost in her thoughts, tears streaming down her cheeks. The weight of the revelation and the uncertainty of her future with Tim hangs heavily in the air.

FADE OUT.

I don't see how you can bring Pedro back after all of this. I know he might have been the last on the chopping block especially with the fools in the front office but he has to go. Reminds me of just a few months before Marc Trestman got let go. In that case it was players still on the team saying it anonymously to the press. You can't come back from this. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Exactly this. I think that's part of why they were so listless in 2022. They had clear holes and were inferior to Houston in 21. They did nothing to address it. And the players, whether consciously or subconsciously, phoned it in.

They phoned in 2022 because they thought they were a lock to make the postseason.

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

I don't see how you can bring Pedro back after all of this. I know he might have been the last on the chopping block especially with the fools in the front office but he has to go. Reminds me of just a few months before Marc Trestman got let go. In that case it was players still on the team saying it anonymously to the press. You can't come back from this. 

Trestman is a pretty good comp to Pedro IMO.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Trestman is a pretty good comp to Pedro IMO.

The funny part about Trestman always to me is the guy wrote a book on leadership and couldn't lead probably one of the most talented Bears offenses in their history to anything. Brandon Marshall and Martellus Bennett pretty much gave him the middle finger during the season and he didn't do a damn thing about it. Definitely sounds familiar. 

9 minutes ago, Baron said:

I could see them having a few current players speak to the media in support of Grifol. To atleast give the illusion everything is ok and they publicly support their manager

Edited by Flash Tizzle

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

The funny part about Trestman always to me is the guy wrote a book on leadership and couldn't lead probably one of the most talented Bears offenses in their history to anything. Brandon Marshall and Martellus Bennett pretty much gave him the middle finger during the season and he didn't do a damn thing about it. Definitely sounds familiar. 

Pedro talked a great game at his press conference, but executed none of it. Absolutely, none of it.

6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I’m gonna go the other way here and defend Middleton. First of all, he’s a reliever, he doesn’t run the team. He can only do so much. Secondly, if you believe him, he did speak up when given the chance, in the players meeting in the losing streak.

Third and the big one - I don’t see him having any benefit in saying this, rather the reverse, he felt it needed said so he did it. 

He’s a journeyman reliever, he’s now been on 5 teams, including a forever wishing they could compete LAA and a rebuilding Arizona. He’s burned his bridges with the White Sox, there will probably be other teams who would rather protect their clubhouse than have a bad culture be exposed, and frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if the White Sox’s front office is motivated to tell other Gms to stay away from him. He cost himself money here because seemingly he felt something needed to be said. 

The protect the locker room attitude is a reason why these guys are able to get away with treating the business like this. It takes some stones to break that to call out bad behavior.

The bottom line is he and everyone else went along with the program established by Jerry and his C-Suite.

In my eyes this has been going on since Ozzie’s final year or two, and has now encompassed five full time and multiple interim managers.

The majority of the posts here are coming after the players or manager, which is fine, but the problem originates and can only be remedied by changes in ownership, KW, RH, BB and the others at the Board and Officer level.

6 hours ago, Quin said:

Let me rephrase that.

"Run it like a business" type owners. But also, Cohen's spending did f***-all except crush Mets fans' dreams even harder.

And for all of JR's faults, there isn't a Showtime series about financial crimes he committed.

Yet, there is still time.

6 hours ago, Quin said:

Tony: 513c1104cb0bf3e05e179e884cc695cb.png

Sox pre-game ritual under Ricky:

Completely fair criticism because that is what TLR was which was too old and in too poor of health to manage.

However, what TLR was 30 years ago is what this club desperately needs even moreso than an new age manager who understands analytics. Clearly the inmates have run the asylum for far too long and there is a complete lack of discipline on and off the field.

We desperately need to bring in a veteran experienced manager who are going to hold these guys accountable over the course of a long season

Edited by wrathofhahn

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Are you asking this site if they would pay for the right to tell these front office people, up front and up close, how they feel?  You feel that this is a thing that they would not want to do?

Ifthey held a question and answer session all you would get is the same spin anyway, so NO absolutely NOT.

I'm not going to line JR's pockets with anymore $$$$, and they wouldn't listen anyway.  What has ever changed since Soxfest started with upper management?

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Okay let's take some bets. Moncada doesn't care enough to fight anyone. Eloy would have gotten hurt if he did. Timmy probably won't get in his own players faces although I wish he would. I'll go with Seby as a wildcard and Yaz.