Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah the roster wasn’t ideal until they substituted Sosa for Robert. Too many good players kept Sosa in Charlotte. Throw White Sox fans some sort of bone and fire this dope tonight.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 3

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah the roster wasn’t ideal until they substituted Sosa for Robert. Too many good players kept Sosa in Charlotte. Throw White Sox fans some sort of bone and fire this dope tonight.

This guy just flat out lies to the fans’ faces and expects us to believe this crap?

• Paper Bag 1

41 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Okay, so in all seriousness, does Pedro's job survive like a 2 - 20 start? Because that seems like a realistic possibility. 

They know this year is going to be bad, I don’t see an in season firing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, T R U said:

Probably the only way to fire Grifol this year is to have Getz pull double duty and also be the midseason replacement

7 minutes ago, T R U said:

Jerry is not excepting a 110 loss squad.  This team is currently on pace to lose 140+ and may never score a run again.  Jerry will fire someone, the only question is who will be that patsy.  My guess is it will be Grifol, but maybe they sacrifice the hitting coach despite an obvious lack of offensive talent.

Even if they fired pedro, nobdoy in their right mind would agree to take over this dumpster fire.

The only thing missing right now is some good old off-the-field drama.  Its the Sox so we know its coming.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Serious question: say Terry Francona was managing this team as it stands today, would anything really look different?

Press conferences.

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Serious question: say Terry Francona was managing this team as it stands today, would anything really look different?

Great question.  He was usually a good manager in close games.  In this short term, maybe he wins a couple more games than Grifol, but over the course of 150+ more games I don’t think he would be able to do anything more with this awful roster than Grifol.  He’d have a better record but it would still be a losing record.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Getz and JR, in their desire to avoid losing a history-threatening number of games...have managed to create a not exactly inexpensive roster that will do QUITE THE OPPOSITE.

A continuing stream of embarrassment for the franchise the next 2-3 seasons.

Which will probably kill any hopes of getting a new stadium for a new ownership group.

Unless that group forces the issue with a willingness to invest private money into a stadium project...and it becomes clear the Reinsdorf family will never get that done because of all the ill-will.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Okay, so in all seriousness, does Pedro's job survive like a 2 - 20 start? Because that seems like a realistic possibility. 

If they really are 2-20, someone will get fired as a sacrificial lamb. I'm not sure it'll be Pedro. 

Grifol won't be fired this year, no reason to. Is he good at his job? No, but it is all about who is on the team. 

Connie Mack couldn't win with this lineup. A bad team is going to lose, Grifol just causes it to happen a little sooner. Grifol is the poor sap who is steering a broken ship, he'll be gone soon enough. Blame Jerry and maybe Getz, blame the leadership the last 10 years (+++).

I don't even want this guy fired. He deserves to manage one of the worst baseball teams of all time, because he's one of the worst managers of all time. Let it ride people. It's not like firing him would make a damn bit of difference. 

3 minutes ago, SoxFest23 said:

Grifol won't be fired this year, no reason to. Is he good at his job? No, but it is all about who is on the team. 

Connie Mack couldn't win with this lineup. A bad team is going to lose, Grifol just causes it to happen a little sooner. Grifol is the poor sap who is steering a broken ship, he'll be gone soon enough. Blame Jerry and maybe Getz, blame the leadership the last 10 years (+++).

He contributes plenty. I agree I don't think they plan on it but if it continues to be historically bad they will do something. I didn't think KW would ever be launched but he was. Unfortunately I think Jerry is leaving the manager up to Getz and that's his boy.