Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

31 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I don't even want this guy fired. He deserves to manage one of the worst baseball teams of all time, because he's one of the worst managers of all time. Let it ride people. It's not like firing him would make a damn bit of difference. 

Also, if you let him finish out the year, he’s gotta be challenging for the worst managerial record of all time by win-loss percentage, right?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

He should be fired tonight. I also would like to hear what Getz has to say about all this losing.

It will be interesting if Getz talks with the media on the next homestand.

• Like 1

His post game press conference are embarrassing. I thought Terry Bevington was bad, Grifol is next level! Getz already MIA hiding under desk.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1

I'm not usually for firing the manager, but I think this should happen now. The season is already lost, but something has to be done. If the FO doesn't want an absolute total fiasco, they should get rid of Pedro and bring in a real baseball man. I have been a fan for a long, long time, and I have not seen anything so pathetic. If JR doesn't do something now, he will only demonstrate that he doesn't care one bit. Screw that stadium. Really, screw that stadium. This is so bad, words can't describe it. The 1970 team that lost 106 was better. At least they cared. 

Following Renteria and LaRussa, you'd think Reinsdorf and his minions had learned their lesson, especially with heavyweights like Bochy, Maddon and Mattingly (I think) still available. But nooooo! They went to the then worst organization in baseball--Kansas City--for a replacement.

And adding insult to injury  they make Getz the GM--another Royals management flunky. So now with have a roster with an average age of "60" and we are quickly heading to the worst record in the league! HELP!!!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

“Hey Pedro, quick follow up. What if you’re ‘going through it’ in April and August, and also May and June and July?Oh, and September too.”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wickel said:

Following Renteria and LaRussa, you'd think Reinsdorf and his minions had learned their lesson, especially with heavyweights like Bochy, Maddon and Mattingly (I think) still available. But nooooo! They went to the then worst organization in baseball--Kansas City--for a replacement.

And adding insult to injury  they make Getz the GM--another Royals management flunky. So now with have a roster with an average age of "60" and we are quickly heading to the worst record in the league! HELP!!!

LaRussia is a heavy weight.  We had a premier manager and people complained incessantly.  Would have been the same for blochy and mattingly.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Green Line said:

LaRussia is a heavy weight.  We had a premier manager and people complained incessantly.  Would have been the same for blochy and mattingly.

Bochy closer to his last title w/ SF and in much better physical condition than TLR.

Don’t recall anyone wanting Mattingly compared to Hinch or maybe Espada.

20 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Bochy closer to his last title w/ SF and in much better physical condition than TLR.

Don’t recall anyone wanting Mattingly compared to Hinch or maybe Espada.

I’m literally responding to a post about Mattingly, smart guy.

10 hours ago, Snopek said:

“Hey Pedro, quick follow up. What if you’re ‘going through it’ in April and August, and also May and June and July?Oh, and September too.”

Either he is the dumbest person in the room and doesn't understand what has happened since he came to town, or just thinks people will ignore facts and live in his fake reality. He really needs to go. He serves no purpose but to make the team a bigger punchline than they already are.

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Either he is the dumbest person in the room and doesn't understand what has happened since he came to town, or just thinks people will ignore facts and live in his fake reality. He really needs to go. He serves no purpose but to make the team a bigger punchline than they already are.

The good thing for Pedro is his boss and the team's owner are even dumber.  

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Reminds me of the team's chairman.

Correction: La Russa WAS a heavyweight. He had no idea what was transpiring on the field during this last stint with the Sox, as evidenced by some very poor strategic decisions.  But I'll always give him kudos for being a brilliant manager in his prime. There was nobody better. Unfortunately, Father Time and health problems caught up with him.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, Wickel said:

Correction: La Russa WAS a heavyweight. He had no idea what was transpiring on the field during this last stint with the Sox, as evidenced by some very poor strategic decisions.  But I'll always give him kudos for being a brilliant manager in his prime. There was nobody better. Unfortunately, Father Time and health problems caught up with him.

Steroids had a hell of a way of making him seem even better.  Wild how that works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulfly said:

Steroids had a hell of a way of making him seem even better.  Wild how that works.

I know exactly what you’re referring to, but I have this mental image of roided up TLR running out to stand up for Abreu after being hit

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JoeC said:

I know exactly what you’re referring to, but I have this mental image of roided up TLR running out to stand up for Abreu after being hit

In your mental image, does TLR take another dump in his Depends when he runs out again?

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

In your mental image, does TLR take another dump in his Depends when he runs out again?

Not sure. Something about backne.

18 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

What is even a hall of fame level manager going to do, with this lineup? Those that want him fired, I have to ask:  Why? Let him go down with the Hindenburg.

I said my guess was he'd be fired around Memorial Day and I stand by that speculation. Someone is going to be made the fall guy and it's not going to be JR or Getz.

• Like 1