Sox conducting internal interviews to see if dramatic changes are needed

Buehrle>Wood

Just heard this from a source who had dinner with JR last Wednesday. I asked him what he thought about things and what he thinks may happen. Based on what the reply was if Kenny is helping JR in the interviews he isn't going anywhere:

"When at dinner with Jerry and our group last week, he hinted at conducting interviews internally. Sounded like he will conduct the interviews along with Kenny. I could be wrong, but that's my gut. Haber and Getz both need to go. Look at the records of our farm teams. None are doing well. Our development guys don't know how to evaluate or develop talent. Going to be interesting, but a big shakeup is needed. Haber is disliked by many and Getz like Rick has not proved himself. Our ML system was ranked like 29th before acquiring some decent prospects with the trades at the deadline and it still only moved us up to 20th."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Just heard this from a source who had dinner with JR last Wednesday. I asked him what he thought about things and what he thinks may happen. Based on what the reply was if Kenny is helping JR in the interviews he isn't going anywhere:

"When at dinner with Jerry and our group last week, he hinted at conducting interviews internally. Sounded like he will conduct the interviews along with Kenny. I could be wrong, but that's my gut. Haber and Getz both need to go. Look at the records of our farm teams. None are doing well. Our development guys don't know how to evaluate or develop talent. Going to be interesting, but a big shakeup is needed. Haber is disliked by many and Getz like Rick has not proved himself. Our ML system was ranked like 29th before acquiring some decent prospects with the trades at the deadline and it still only moved us up to 20th."

Kenny is never going anywhere unless he decides to....which I also have on good authority. 

There's embarrassing, and then there is the Chicago White Sox...

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/08/22/mariners-white-sox-luis-castillo-47-straight-fastballs-fans-roast-chicago

"The Chicago White Sox have had a dreadful season and they might have hit rock bottom at home Monday night when Mariners ace Luis Castillo did something we’ve never seen before at the major league level - he threw the same pitch 47 times in a row."

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

There's embarrassing, and then there is the Chicago White Sox...

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/08/22/mariners-white-sox-luis-castillo-47-straight-fastballs-fans-roast-chicago

"The Chicago White Sox have had a dreadful season and they might have hit rock bottom at home Monday night when Mariners ace Luis Castillo did something we’ve never seen before at the major league level - he threw the same pitch 47 times in a row."

I feel like every starter they face from today through the end of the season should make it a challenge to see who can top that and throw the same pitch as many times in a row with success as possible.

Just now, fathom said:

I still feel like we get 1-2 years of Kenny as GM to try and fix this

I would imagine Hahn and Kenny are signed through 2024. I can see Jerry eating a year of Hahn / making up a bullshit title/role for him like his boy Paxson through his death and transition to new owners.

Don't think Kenny wants things to end this way for his career, so do see him fighting to either run the final year (from Arizona or temp living here for spurts) or at minimum help Jerry interview / transition into another front office and leave when his deal is up in 2024.

Does Jerry know and or trust anyone externally to hand the keys to beyond Tony (please no) and Kim Ng (not sure she wants to leave Miami after finally getting full say)? He knew Krause from the Sox, Paxson from the Bulls. Himes (California Angels) was the only external guy he brought in with the Sox, and got rid of him quick because he was competent and disregarded Jerry's nonsense input.

The White Sox conducted internal interviews to determine if they should have season  ending meetings in Maui.

The White Sox conducted internal interviews to determine if Top Gun was a good movie

The White Sox conducted internal interviews to determine if Margot Robbie is hot

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

We cancelled ours last year. They called my wife yesterday to see if there was any interest in season tix moving forward. She told them if they fire Rick Hahn we'd talk. I chose wisely. 

I think you owe it to her to go down on her after this. 

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 2

On 8/21/2023 at 12:38 PM, Balta1701 said:

The only people on Earth who would say otherwise are likely to be the people being interviewed by Reinsdorf.

When Rick gave his interview and said no problem with accountability Jerry pointed out to the blow-up dolls waiting for him in Lot C.