KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Dombroski doesn't build orgs. He's a finisher. 

Theo would require some ownership stake, which is an interesting angle.

Although I'd prefer someone like Chernoff but doubt he'd leave for the Sox. 

Chernoff would be a great hire, but no way they can land him before the end of the season.  Has to be a true free agent candidate.

3 minutes ago, Pal said:

Take it for whatever it's worth, but I heard in the middle of 2022 season JR was mulling selling and this season would be a big factor. Very interested parties at that time were George Lucas and his wife. Also heard Shad Khan and Tony Khan from Jacksonville Jags had interest. 

Didn't think too much of it at the time, but today is interesting.

Chicago native Mellody Hobson seems the one driving that interest much more than George...

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

To be honest, I'm not crazy about what she has done with the Marlins. 

It’s not earth shaking performance, but it’s a helluva lot better than what we’ve been getting. That org has some clear major restrictions on it that wouldn’t be present here, a combination of gamblers moves and good pitching development would work decently well here and probably leave a regularly competitive team. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, wegner said:

Ozzie was shocked in the pregame, especially that Kenny was also fired. He said he thought they put together good players but not a good team.

Ozzie just teased during the game that he's going to have a lot to say during the post-game, so stay tuned!

Can we stop all the JR selling the team nonsense? There is absolutely no reason for his family to sell the team before he passes on for tax reasons, the kids (and the fans) are going to have to wait ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I would be more stunned if Getz gets the job than I am with the moves today. You don’t clean house only to hire in house. Especially with a guy that has been questionable in his job at best. Ultimately JR made this decision , but someone convinced him this was the move to make. I wonder who it was. Other investors? Hawk? LaRussa? His son? Steve Stone? It was someone.

“People, his friends… have tried to tell him what has been going on, “Hawk” Harrelson, the late Ed Farmer… God rest his soul, Darrin Jackson, Scott Reifert (Author’s Note: Scott is the Senior Vice-President for Communications) , Bob Grim and others but it’s just not registering for some reason.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

This is where I am - I am presuming they have to leak this because you need to ensure there is some calm post changes and these people do need to run the day to day until the new sheriff shows up and starts to make changes. 

So I’m not going to worry about any of these so and so is safe. With that said - this is White Sox so I have about 5 percent hesitation that they do go to Getz. With that said - if it was Getz I think they would have kept Kenny and punted HAhn and than announced some transition plan for Kenny. 

I expect outside hire - whether they are good, heck if I know, but shock me Jerry and write a blank check to Epstein. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Cancelled

hqdefault.webp

Keep what's left of our Lakefront Forever Free of Clutter.

Wasn't he going to finance the entire thing? All the jobs and extra revenue it would have brought to the city. Especially in THE museum city. It frustrated me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“People, his friends… have tried to tell him what has been going on, “Hawk” Harrelson, the late Ed Farmer… God rest his soul, Darrin Jackson, Scott Reifert (Author’s Note: Scott is the Senior Vice-President for Communications) , Bob Grim and others but it’s just not registering for some reason.”

Wasn’t this a part of your off-season article lip man? A lot of that stuff has come out to be true. Like the fractured clubhouse 

55 minutes ago, Tony said:

Logic is NEVER something that should be associated with the White Sox, BUT....if Jerry came to the decision Rick and Kenny were not right for this team, why would anyone associated with Rick and Kenny be? 

This - if he thought one of them was ready - I think Jerry would have only punted HAhn, not both. 

5 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Wasn’t this a part of your off-season article lip man? A lot of that stuff has come out to be true. Like the fractured clubhouse 

Correct. My six sources for that story had a lot to say and a lot of it has proven to be right on the money.

• Like 2