After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

47 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

So anybody got any other names? Or it’s basically a forgone conclusion we’re gonna have a three headed bunch of idiots in Moore, Getz, and Grifol running this into the ground

Rizzo was the only other plausible name but seems like it was leverage.

Hope of all hopes that we hear some interviews this upcoming week.

1 hour ago, Rey21 said:

So anybody got any other names? Or it’s basically a forgone conclusion we’re gonna have a three headed bunch of idiots in Moore, Getz, and Grifol running this into the ground

It's already been run into the ground. At this point, they'll be tunneling.

1 hour ago, Rey21 said:

I think we need to see if there will be an actual process or if Jerry basically has his mind made up already like Nightengale is suggesting.  I’m pretty pessimistic on the former, although it’s possible he has few guys in mind for the role and there will be actual interviews amongst those select few.  I don’t see him taking his time and interviewing a bunch of up-and-coming executives from other organizations though.  Just doesn’t feel like his style.

I’d be shocked if it’s Getz or someone from the inside, it would’ve been announced already and more of the big reporters would’ve reported something by now on it happening.

It sounds like JR knew he was going to fire KW and Hahn for a little while and kept that radio silent. The silent things are, the more it looks like he’s going outside the org. Plus Moore had said that the Sox haven’t reached out to him. 

6 hours ago, ron883 said:

I always wished golfers would dress retro in just one tournament a year. Dress like the Stooges from this absolute classic episode. 

e241afbbc91a058ec74a3c9c82e52050.jpg

Payne Stewart was a throw back. Kind of sad the way he went out. Maybe a PGA Payne Stewart Memorial tournament would be cool.

7 minutes ago, NWsideSoxfan said:
6 hours ago, ron883 said:

I always wished golfers would dress retro in just one tournament a year. Dress like the Stooges from this absolute classic episode. 

e241afbbc91a058ec74a3c9c82e52050.jpg

Payne Stewart was a throw back. Kind of sad the way he went out. Maybe a PGA Payne Stewart Memorial tournament would be cool.

Expand  

Wow that's awesome. I had no idea who he was to be honest. A bit ahead of my time. Those outfits are incredible. 

15 minutes ago, NWsideSoxfan said:

That didn’t work. I need to figure out how to post a picture correctly. Newbie 

The easiest way is to hit "other media" then "insert image from url". You can find an image from Google and just paste the link in. Only tricky thing is the link just end in ".jpg", ".gif", ".PNG" or some other image file type like that for it to work. A lot of the websites make the links NOT end in the image extension now, I'm assuming because they don't want to host images that people are posting a bunch. I assume the image below is what you were referring to. Love the outfit!

FTU5fj5XsAAUDkz.jpg

From Keith Law: "A person familiar with Reinsdorf once explained to me the likely reasoning for Reinsdorf’s front-office insularity. It had to do with his relationship with Larry Himes, the former Sox GM. Himes did a fantastic job in the MLB Draft, selecting Jack McDowell, Robin Ventura, Frank Thomas and Alex Fernandez in a four-year span. (He also traded Reinsdorf favorite Harold Baines for a package that included Wilson Álvarez and Sammy Sosa.)

But Himes was an outsider. He wasn’t deferential to Reinsdorf. And so he was gone after the 1990 season despite the Sox winning 94 games. (They’ve won 94 or more games just three times since then.) Ron Schueler, a Sox guy, was next up, and then came Kenny Williams and here we are today."

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, ron883 said:

The easiest way is to hit "other media" then "insert image from url". You can find an image from Google and just paste the link in. Only tricky thing is the link just end in ".jpg", ".gif", ".PNG" or some other image file type like that for it to work. A lot of the websites make the links NOT end in the image extension now, I'm assuming because they don't want to host images that people are posting a bunch. I assume the image below is what you were referring to. Love the outfit!

That’s the pic and thanks for the help. I will give it a shot next pic post.

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Or name the Colorado scoreboard operator as replacement...

What about #24/#52?

Colorado operator is the GOAT

And I know this is just ruining the joke of Getz retiring himself, but sure, retire Crede and Contreras 

• Quin changed the title to After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP